more consistent 60's, ET's..?

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

raynorshine
Expert
Expert

Re: more consistent 60's, ET's..?

Post by raynorshine »

Strange Magic wrote:No, you will run faster and more consistent for that application you have. You have to get the front wheels up in the air good to plant, and keep the tires planted.

A 27 or 28 inch front tire and about 4 inches of front travel will help it as well.

- i think i did feel it hop..my helper said no, but without video it's hard to say...that's more data that would help, some video of the car leaving the line..
-have to go check my front tires now #-o

-when you say faster, do you mean ET, or MPH? not really concerned with MPH myself, but that's just me

-nice pic by the way , did i say sweet :lol:
Use it up
Wear it out
Eat it all!

-the greatest..."Dale Armstrong"
randy331
Guru
Guru

Post by randy331 »

If a car is wheelie ing much . It's likely the 60s will vary.

If the car comes up out of the stage beam, it will never do it consistently.

If it is landing near the 60' timer, it will never do it consistently.

The car must use the same amount of roll out every pass, and cover the same distance from the time it leaves the stage beam to 60' timer every pass.

If the track gives you 330' times, that will give you an idea what's going on.

Still a sucker for a wheelie myself. LOL

Randy
Joel Dubose
Expert
Expert

Post by Joel Dubose »

Consistency is the key element. control as many of the variables as you can. The more constant you control those things the more consistent the car will be. Things like temps of the working components, oil temps tire temps and pressures. fuel consistency, water temps, tune up etc.
I did some testing on a chassis dyno. we warmed the dyno brgs to a normal testing temps.Then put the race car car on dead cold and started making pulls. It took some 20 pulls before the temps stabilized and the car got consistent. What I had found was that the clearances of the mechanical parts were designed to run at had to be there or it would show less power. Ie, The ring gear and pinion was set up to the temps that it would most commonly see on the racetrack. So when it was colder than that than the clearances were off. The gear oil was to thick as well. on and on. In all it was about 30 hp from dead cold to optimum temperatures. Other details would be things like drag adders. On the dyno I would measure things like Break calipers. If I had a rotor or calipers that was heated more than normal than I would do things like pull the pads back etc. You see once the beaks were applied they might or might not pull away from the Rotor.
Hope this gives you some food for thought. I could go on and on but I think you get the thought process here. Measurements of heat can give you clues as to what is robbing you of power as well. :D
JDE Heads & Manifolds
I'm WD with AFR,Edelbrock and many other parts and castings suppliers.
JDE has port programs In popular castings for performance uses, If you would like a port designed for your project contact me 704-658-6951
raynorshine
Expert
Expert

Post by raynorshine »

randy331 wrote:If a car is wheelie ing much . It's likely the 60s will vary.

If the car comes up out of the stage beam, it will never do it consistently.

If it is landing near the 60' timer, it will never do it consistently.

The car must use the same amount of roll out every pass, and cover the same distance from the time it leaves the stage beam to 60' timer every pass.

If the track gives you 330' times, that will give you an idea what's going on.

Still a sucker for a wheelie myself. LOL

Randy
Randy, i would of never guessed you were a fan of the wheelieeeeeeeeee.............. :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o
-ya, the 330' got to give a really good indication of what's going on..
Use it up
Wear it out
Eat it all!

-the greatest..."Dale Armstrong"
raynorshine
Expert
Expert

Post by raynorshine »

front tires are 25" tall
Use it up
Wear it out