Mustang V8 Spring Vs 4Cyl Spring ?

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

colormebad

Mustang V8 Spring Vs 4Cyl Spring ?

Post by colormebad »

Anyone know if you cut 1 full round off a V8 spring on a fox or sn95 mustang' Would lower it any lower than running a 4cy spring ??
BirdMan
Expert
Expert

Re: Mustang V8 Spring Vs 4Cyl Spring ?

Post by BirdMan »

What are you after? Why are you lowering it, etc, etc?

On our Falcon's I use different springs to get the ride height I need for drag racing only cars. I measure the wire diameter's as a way to determine the spring rate but it is not always the true indicator of the loaded spring/ride height location.

If you are modifying for drag racing then the 4 cyl spring may be better (like the Moroso longer/lower pressure ones) than cutting off a stronger spring.
Dale C.
colormebad

Re: Mustang V8 Spring Vs 4Cyl Spring ?

Post by colormebad »

BirdMan wrote:What are you after? Why are you lowering it, etc, etc?

On our Falcon's I use different springs to get the ride height I need for drag racing only cars. I measure the wire diameter's as a way to determine the spring rate but it is not always the true indicator of the loaded spring/ride height location.

If you are modifying for drag racing then the 4 cyl spring may be better (like the Moroso longer/lower pressure ones) than cutting off a stronger spring.
Just sits up higher above my rear tires than i like...I talked to another guy earlier, he said to also leave my 4cyls on but cut 1 round off them...what u think ??