Sway bar links

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

nascarfan7

Sway bar links

Post by nascarfan7 »

Hello!

My wife's 2009 Accent seems to be eating sway bar end links.

The OE set lasted about 45k miles. Got a cheap set from NAPA and they lasted about 20k miles.
So at about 65k miles I replaced them again with a better set. These were not sealed like the others and had grease fittings.
We'll those started going bad at around 100k. Decided to get some OE ones from the dealer and threw them on.

Now at 150k miles and they are bad again. So this will be 4th replacement. The sway bar bushings holding the bar to the frame are good. ( they've been replaced once ). Each alignment done has showed no bent or other worn suspension components. When one fails the other is not far behind.

Is it normal to go through this many? Anything I should look for? I've never had any issues with the many cars over the years with sway bar links going bad. Just a crappy design and crappy replacement parts?
rancherort
Re: Sway bar links

Post by rancherort »

Some cars just have problems like that. Good news is that your keeping an eye on the problem.
sheepwolf
Re: Sway bar links

Post by sheepwolf »

My daily primera's P11 front suspension upper control arms fails every 30000-40000 kilometers. That's a weak point, I know it, but when they are broken I just replace them. Easy task, parts costs peanuts. :)