Asphalt circle track metric GM 4-link questions

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

RonL
Asphalt circle track metric GM 4-link questions

Post by RonL »

Greetings guys, Im new to the site. Happy New Year.
Hey I am looking for some guidance setting up my 4 link GM metric rear end. Im using a 9" floater, locker, 60" w/centered pinion. Ive raise the center section of the chassis where the the upper mounts attach by 3". lowers are stock location on frame. Ive made the brackets on the rear housing (lowers) longer with trailing arm mounts that have 3 different mounting holes. Uppers are not adjustable. Pinion is 0 degrees, drive shaft is 2 degrees down to pinion. Ive played with different angles for the lower trailing arms and just got myself way off base. I had the R upper arm mounting hole wallow out, didn't catch it, hit the wall, bent both ends, rear end is junk. Im sourcing a new piece now and I'm going to put a degree of camber in each side. My old one was 0/0 (since i have to buy a new rear again). I could use some info from someone with experience or an engineer from team with a lot of experience. I don't want to go through this again. I run tracks from .5 to 1.5 mile. Mostly all with mid to high banking. Thank you in advance. RonL.
rick7343
Re: Asphalt circle track metric GM 4-link questions

Post by rick7343 »

Go here... but read before you post..lol

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/r ... ss.326355/
RonL
Re: Asphalt circle track metric GM 4-link questions

Post by RonL »

Thank you, that forum is a wealth of information. I appreciate the lead.