weight percentages on stock susp cars

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

k-star
Guru
Guru

weight percentages on stock susp cars

Post by k-star »

Anyone know where I can find some good info on tuning stock suspension cars with milder engines . All the books and internet sights seam to cater to Chassis cars and high HP stuff.
“If I hit you with this you’re going to be numb, that’s why they call them numb-chucks “Si Robertson
lefty o
Guru
Guru
Re: weight percentages on stock susp cars

Post by lefty o »

for drag racing, most of the stock basic type suspensions are covered in how to HOOK AND LAUNCH traction mods for street&strip by dick miller, its one of the SA books. after that if you want to get more into the science, and more into tube chassis stuff (though it is all somewhat applicable to stock chassis) try DOORSLAMMERS: the chassis book , by dave morgan.
Brian P
Guru
Guru

Re: weight percentages on stock susp cars

Post by Brian P »

k-star wrote:Anyone know where I can find some good info on tuning stock suspension cars with milder engines . All the books and internet sights seam to cater to Chassis cars and high HP stuff.
It will help to know what you are planning to do with the car. Are you going to go around corners in a parking lot, or are you planning to go around corners on a road course, or are you planning to accelerate as hard as possible in a straight line, or are you planning to go as fast as possible in a straight line, or are you just using the thing to go to the corner store and to work and back?

:lol: