window net installation

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

clovisray20

window net installation

Post by clovisray20 »

want to install a window net on my street stock and wondered which one and what installation kit was the best and easiest to operate. any advice is appreciated. :?:
techinspector1

Post by techinspector1 »

There are many sources for window nets. Just google "race window net" and you'll find several. I've included a link to the first one I came to. They show a circle track net and installation hardware.

The net should be mounted to the inside of the roll cage and not any farther outboard than halfway around the bars. IN NO CASE SHOULD THE NET BE MOUNTED TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE BARS. If mounted outside and the car should be skidding on its side, the net can be torn off. Then when the car does a flip, your arm comes outside the car and you could find yourself with the nickname "lefty".

In drag racing, most of the nets are installed with the bottom of the net secured and the top of the net installed with regular seat belt buckles. Weld the male to the window net bar and the female to the roll cage for a quick disconnect. We want it permanently mounted at the bottom of the net because if permanently mounted at the top of the net, the net looks like it is in place, but could be loose at the bottom, affording no protection.
With it permanently mounted at the bottom, it has to be secured and ready to go when in place in the window opening.

Hope this helps.
http://www.rjsracing.com/windownets.html
Richard