Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

cboggs
Guru
Guru

yancer dragster shockster swingarm dual shock

Post by cboggs »

yancer dragster shockster swingarm dual shock

Does anyone have any experience with these cars, ..

it's a swin arm car with the shocks & pivot between the engine & driver,
mid car, ..

wondering how they work etc, ..

Curtis
Race Flow Development
Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Dragster

Post by jmarkaudio »

I just bought a Miller 245" X-Link Triple Slip Joint in May. Works fine. I think the different types of suspended dragsters are all about sales hype. I think a suspension helps on bad tracks and makes the ride smoother. As long as the spring weight/shock setting is correct for that chassis, it doesn't matter whether it's a swing arm, four link or X-link. The swing arm is just a little simpler to tune due to the bottom bars being tied together. And currently a great sales gimmick. The tires on a dragster are so close together compared to the length of the chassis makes it less sensitive than a door car. Not to mention the monster tires everyone runs dampening things a bit. Even the shorty Landshark dragsters seem to work pretty good.

Mark Whitener
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Yancer

Post by jmarkaudio »

So Curtis, looking to join the dragster ranks??? It would be a great test vehicle as it's easy to access everything and swapping heads would be a breeze. Does the car have a swing-arm/four-link style suspension AND a pivot between the driver and engine? My Miller car has a four-link with an X-brace on the bottom two bars effectively making it like a swing arm. It also has slip-joints right behind the driver to allow for additional flex. I do think the rear suspension is more important than the mid car flex, however the mid flex probably helps when you start putting more power to the chassis. I was also surprised that my RT's were faster even with the extra suspension than my old slip-joint car.

Mark Whitener