M&H DOT Cheater Slick

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

us7race
Pro
Pro

M&H DOT Cheater Slick

Post by us7race »

I am looking at trying these tires this year..
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... 2_98980_-1

Anyone have any experience with these?
I know alot of Outlaw 8.5 racers are running their 26x8.5" slick at 3250 and running 5.60-6.0's getting 20+ runs out of them where the normal Mickey Thompson is only good for 10-12 runs and not hooking up as good.
I plan to run low 6's at under 2800Lbs. Thanks
1.18 60' 5.53@126 @2880lbs. N20 422sbc 2014
af2
Guru
Guru

Re: M&H DOT Cheater Slick

Post by af2 »

us7race wrote: getting 20+ runs out of them where the normal Mickey Thompson is only good for 10-12 runs and not hooking up as good.
I would be broke running that class! :lol: 20 runs? My burnout would be quick. It takes less time to heat those than the 14.5's I run.
That would be 2 weekends and another $400.00? Wow! :roll:
GURU is only a name.
Adam
us7race
Pro
Pro

Post by us7race »

Yea I know the outlaw cars that run 4.30-4.50 their big 34.5x17x16 goodyears are the same way 10-12 passes and they come off and they are about $900 a pair!! :shock:
I get about 225-250 passes out of a set of Hoosier Quick Time Pro's.
1.18 60' 5.53@126 @2880lbs. N20 422sbc 2014
Lucky13
Pro
Pro

Post by Lucky13 »

I am almost afriad to say anything because its been a long time ago when I ran these tires, its possible they have changed sense then. But when we ran them they where some of the best tires I ever had on the car, even after we wore them plum out they would still hook and laster better than any other we tried.

Back then ( early 90's) I believe they offered two compounds and it was the softer of the two we ran. They may not even be the same tires as they where back then, but they look to be. Tires, like everything else has changed a lot in the last 10 years. From my past expeirance with them if I had a need for this type tire I would be buying them and hoping they worked as they did before. After going from another brand tire back in them days we went from not hooking to needing a better clutch.

Jess
Tod74
Pro
Pro

Post by Tod74 »

Lucky13 wrote:I am almost afriad to say anything because its been a long time ago when I ran these tires, its possible they have changed sense then. But when we ran them they where some of the best tires I ever had on the car, even after we wore them plum out they would still hook and laster better than any other we tried.

Back then ( early 90's) I believe they offered two compounds and it was the softer of the two we ran. They may not even be the same tires as they where back then, but they look to be. Tires, like everything else has changed a lot in the last 10 years. From my past expeirance with them if I had a need for this type tire I would be buying them and hoping they worked as they did before. After going from another brand tire back in them days we went from not hooking to needing a better clutch.

Jess
What he said. I still have a set on my street car. I never drive it and they were purchased in 1995 or 96...lol ( car has been parked covered up in my parents garage not driven)

They were my 2nd set. Like he said even when they were worn almost slick they worked good still. I ran the hardest of the two compounds.