chassis set up for 125" prostock truck??????

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

doc6792

chassis set up for 125" prostock truck??????

Post by doc6792 »

the set up in it now goes straight but they had 3x the power igot in it now.
i have a :
740 hp bbc
gp

these #'s are how i got it. and befor i lowered the back 1 inch with suspeotion and 1 by the size of tires. for a total of 2" (level now)

i will get the scales back soon but wanted some input from someone that knows.

as you can see alot of preload in the r-r and L-Fr

this is with me 240lbs of love.lol

L-fr=760 R-FR= 560

L-Rear= 487 R-REAR= 651

rear is 45.9% in this set up

i would like some rule of thumb pionters and if i should take out some of the preload on the corner

thanks darryn
want-a-be

Post by want-a-be »

I take it since your running an old prostock truck it has the sway bar in the back. I like to get the car (truck) to do what I want it to do without the sway bar. Then add it back into the setup afterwards.

There are several things that could be wrong. Rear end not in straight. Sway bar preloaded wrong. Wheelie bars guiding you while the front wheels are up.
doc6792

Post by doc6792 »

yes it has a sway bar but the preload is only in the r-r- shock and frt left also. how much or any preload is recomened on any corner also. i wish i new more about this but this is a good wat to learn. like i said it goes straight with the old set up but it 2" to high in rear and lots of unnessesary preload for my application. just need some more help and advice about preloadinng shocks, what corner, and how much
want-a-be

Post by want-a-be »

take one side of the sway bar off and try some launches. Does it still go straight? I could go into alot of what I do to tune a car to go straight but I'd have too many questions to go through here.

If your intrested, pm me and I'll hook up with you on msn messenger and we can talk about it more there.

Thanks, Don 8)
doc6792

Post by doc6792 »

i guess my question is do i need more preload on the r-r shock or can i even it out as weell as in the front left.