Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

dwilliams
Guru
Guru
cleaning out/cleaning out

Post by dwilliams »

The other day I realized I was having to hoonch sideways to get through parts of the shop. It was full of tools, customer motors, and some cores.

The horizontal mill had been here for seven years and never hooked up. Same for the big lathe. I'm a tool junkie and I'd paid good money for them... but they were doing me no good. Heck, I couldn't even *get* to the lathe without moving a couple of tons of other stuff.

A called up a buddy and made him an offer he couldn't refuse. And I get visitation rights. He also got half a dozen 400 Ford cranks. I'm never going to stroke one of those again, not for less than I can buy one. Stacks of stock SBF and SBC connecting rods. Most of the Mopar rods - I haven't done a 375W in years. And where did all those cylinder years come from?

Two trips with the car hauler, two with the truck. And when I got back, I couldn't see that anything was missing. During the time I was gone, the shop fairies had fluffed everything back up to cover the empty spots.

Not only that, but a line boring machine and another solvent tank followed me home. I don't think I'm winning this war...
Procision-Auto
Guru
Guru

Re: cleaning out/cleaning out

Post by Procision-Auto »

Seems like an episode of Sanford & Sons :lol:

FWIW, you can never have too much car stuff!