Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

Blue Malibu
Pro
Pro

Re: Shopboss

Post by Blue Malibu »

Hey Jon I like that idea =D> maybe I will send him to hang out at your shop because I really hate the way that stuff smells. :lol:

Andy
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Post by Barry_R »

I missed this thread - - but please extend my best wishes to the "Boss".
I expect to see him on Ohio doing his thing!
Survival Motorsports
www.survivalmotorsports.com

WD for Comp, Manley, Blue Thunder, Diamond
Probe, Holley, Clevite, Federal-Mogul, Scat....
Shopboss
Guru
Guru

Post by Shopboss »

First of all I just want to thank everyone for all of the prayers and concern everyone has shown for me during this ordeal. I went in for a follow up visit thursday. Finally got the staples out. Man it sure does feel good without that head full of hardware!
I was getting desperate to get rid of those hog rings. They were suppose to come out the week before. But they put it off until last week.
I told the nurse to get me a pair of dykes and I would take them out my self. I just got a strange look. That was when I relized I was in mid town Atlanta and the team "dyke" meant something totally different down there than it does back home in redneck country.
I just count my blessings that a couple of strange women with large Adam's apples didn't show up at the door asking if I needed their services.

I got to go to the shop Friday and make a few pulls on the Dyno.
That felt good.
Sofar I seem to be healing up well and the doc is pleased with my progress.
He said they got around 95% of the tumor out and they plan on nuking the rest along with using some chemical warfare on it. So if you guys look toward Atlanta in a couple of week you should be able to see a big mushroom cloud.
Only problem is I'm having some bad reactions to the antibiotic I'm on. I broke out in a head to toe rash. I look and feel like I rolled around in a patch of poison oak. I also found out that my walking cane can serve double duty as a back scratcher and reach a lot of places that fingers can't. I just have to be careful not to use it in public.

Hope to see most of you in October. I' be the bald guy that glows in the dark.

Donny
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

It is great to hear your sense of humor again ... =D>
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
dfree383
Guru
Guru

Post by dfree383 »

Bump for an Update....
Shopboss
Guru
Guru

Post by Shopboss »

Been taking the chemo daily & radiation 5 times a week. Will be checked out with another MRI next week. At this point the doctors are very pleased with my progress and say things look great I'mI just now starting to loose some hair and have been getting a little sick. Also have a huge case of cabin fever.

Thanks to all!!!

Donny
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Glad to hear you are responding well to treatment and in good spirits, Donny! Our family will keep you in our thoughts and in our prayers.

G-d bless,

Harry and Family
Shopboss
Guru
Guru

Post by Shopboss »

Update!
Talked to the doctor today. After reviewing the latest MRI both doctors agree that the larger tumor has been blasted to smithereens and as of now not much to worry about. I have about 3 more radiation treatments left and the same amount of chemo treatments. I get a 4 week rest and things start over with higher amounts of the chemo.
The two smaller tumors that they couldn't get to to take out without turning me into a vegetable, one the size of a walnut,the other the size of a pecan, Appear to be either swelling because of the radiation or possiably growing again.

It's weird how the size of these things are described In either a fruit or nut size. The big one was the size of an orange. Smaller ones in nut sizes.

Guess I'm gonna go fruity or totally Nuts! Not sure yet.just hope it's not a vegetable. [-o<
Thanks for all of the kind words.and concerns.

Shopboss
robert1
Guru
Guru

Post by robert1 »

I hardly ever come to the general section so I was unaware of this. Once you run into this everything else that you used to think was super important doesn't really make that much difference. I went through my experience 3 1/2 years ago, 13 months of nonstop treatments and doctors. I hope for a full recovery and that you are able to get back to the things you enjoy.
Shopboss
Guru
Guru

Post by Shopboss »

Gitting a little rest from everything for a month or so. Then the chemo starts back. As of now it's just a waiting game.
The treatments will depend on the results of the next MRI.
So far I owe over 1/4 million dollars and some change.
Just taking it day by day. Prayer by prayer.
Thanks for all of the encouragement. Andy is holding his own in the shop. Doing a great job. Plenty of work and a lot of great understanding customers.

Donny
Blue Malibu
Pro
Pro

Post by Blue Malibu »

Its been a while since i've updated this thread.
Donny is doing good still, just really really tired from the chemo treatments.
He has both good and bad days, usually the two weeks before he has to take the chemo treatments are his best.
So far no real news on how the treatments have done as far as the growth of the tumors.
The problem is that the MRI scans are still cloudy where the tumors are located.
The doctors tell us this is normal.
He is scheduled for another MRI tommorow, we will get the results of that one in a week.
I will post an update when we get the results.

Andy
900HP
Guru
Guru

Post by 900HP »

Thanks for the update, hang in there Donny! :)
Throttle's Performance
(701)893-5010
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Throttle ... 1996281602
bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy »

Hi Andy, thanks for the update. Realy missed you guys again this year, hoping we can all get together next year at EMC. Been thinking of you guys alot lately.

Take care of yourself Donny, we will see you next year.

Big Daddy
Blue Malibu
Pro
Pro

Post by Blue Malibu »

Figured I would put this picture on this thread as well.
Thanks to all the guys at the EMC that signed the banner it really is awsome. =D>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blue Malibu
Pro
Pro

Post by Blue Malibu »

Okay guys good news today.
We got the results from Dads last MRI scan.
Tumors are shrinking, and there is no sign of any new growth. =D>
We are having a good day in the Donkey Barn! :D

Andy