Open

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Re: Rheumatoid Aithritis?

Post by pdq67 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:22 pm

Ken0069 wrote:
woody b wrote:My nieces husband is being treated with Remicade. It's expensive, but they've got good insurance so I don't think they're part is much. He's like a new man. He's a plumber, and was missing a lot of work before starting Remicade. I don't know what the possible side effects are, but he's doing good so far. (Maybe 6 months or so)
Thanks Woody. I looked it up and it's not pretty!! Here's a lINK to a list of the side effects.

Estimated cost is $1300 to $2500 per dose and it is covered by Medicare. Not sure what my cost of that would be though because the Part D plan I have doesn't cover much. I'm suppose to be able to upgrade to a better plan if needed but they cost much more per month.

The apple cider vinegar one is looking good about now. :wink: Hey, wonder if just plain old hard apple cider would work? :mrgreen:

Thanks for the info guys. By the time I get to see a Dr on this, I may have a fair amount of knowledge about this stuff and will be able to make a more informed decision on my treatment.
Apple Cider Vinegar that still has the "wort?/must?/mother?" in it if not mistaken. The crud that settles out like in a bottle of Home Brew that they haven't filtered out.

I think it is Braggs Vinegar if not mistaken?

pdq67

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:30 pm

lefty o wrote:RA is a flat biatch! if your smart you wont let it get away form you.
Yup, I finally called the Dr back the other day and come to find out he's on vacation this week. The receptionist said she'll call back early next week with an appointment date.

Right now it's not stopping me from doing most anything I want to do, at 70 years old. A couple of joints on toes and fingers have lumps on'em but I haven't lost any movement and naproxin sodium seems to take away what little pain I have at this point.

Just looking for a professional opinion on what's going on with me because it seems that the symptoms vary a lot from person to person.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:15 pm

RevTheory wrote:You may want to dig pretty deep into autoimmune disease as the underlying cause. I've been dealing with it for over a decade now and I've seen many times in my studies how RA is a symptom of it.

Something, food allergy, leaky gut, low-grade but long-winded viral, bacterial, fungal infection... something may have your immune system wigged out and it's turned on you. RA is when it's turned on your cartilage.

I hope it helps.
My "Wood-Hippie" Buddy, Doc tells me that it might be because of "wastes" created by bacteria living in your joints and ligaments "eating processes" that are causing all the problems! The wastes are poisoning our joints and ligaments and that is what is messing us up!!

I do wonder if a powerful "Systemic Bactericide" would do anything to fight the bacterial "infection"?

I do know that I was given one for a really bad sinus infection that cleared it up as well as killed the little shit that made "skin blisters" on my fingers and my right foot's sole. Stuff left and never did come back and I had that shit for years and couldn't get rid of it! Cleared my dandruff up too as well as some skin lesions...

And reading about bacteria on the surface of the esophagus causing acid reflux and such crap makes me wonder about this even more!!

BUT I do figure that if something like this worked, PHARMA sure the f** wouldn't tell us about it!! They only make money offa keeping shit the way it is and NOT curing much of anything as I see it!! But what do I know??

pdq67

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:58 am

Sure is possible!

I know if you've got a long-term bacterial, viral, fungal infection that your immune system hasn't been able to kill, it's almost like it goes AWOL and just starts attacking all kinds of stuff. Roving skin issues are a big indicator and one of my issues.

R/A could be the location of the hiding infection and the battleground (?)

It's a real pain in the ass to put up with that stuff for years on end without knowing the root of the problem. All docs want to do is give you a topical ointment or, much worse, an immunosuppressant. "Yeah great, my skin's clearing up but I'm in the hospital for a common cold", lol. No thanks!

woody b
Expert
Expert

Post by woody b » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:35 pm

Interesting. My Mom developed Crohns after having shingles.
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:24 pm

Crohns ain't funny!

pdq67

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:56 pm

I spent a good amount of time yesterday researching mycoplasma and R/A came up over and over. It may be worth your time to do the same. Pretty interesting stuff and I ordered some colloidal silver because of it.

Big pharma is a bunch of bullshit and we have to get to the root cause of the issue.

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:59 pm

Got a call this afternoon from that Rheumatologist and the earliest appointment I can get with him is in DECEMBER??? DAYUMNIT! It's that or drive 70 miles to UVA to see one there?? NOT! So I've decided to just go with that December appointment and maybe see if something opens up sooner, ie, maybe an appointment cancellation or something. I just do NOT want to start making that drive to UVA. :(
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

Big Boyz Toyz!

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:18 pm

UPDATE: Tried to get an appointment with UVA last week and they have a WAITING LIST??? So I called a Rheumatologist in Danville, Va and they are taking new patients. They told me to have my GP send the blood work and other info to them and they'd call me to schedule an appointment. So maybe I can get an appointment with them sooner than the guy here in Lynchburg.

Big Boyz Toyz!

tresi

Post by tresi » Tue May 10, 2016 11:46 pm

I tried methyltrexate but pills and injections. I felt like death. I'm on lueflunomide now. It helps but it's no miracle cure. The possible side effects and cost of biologics scare the hell out of me. i won't try them.

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:44 pm

tresi wrote:I tried methyltrexate but pills and injections. I felt like death. I'm on lueflunomide now. It helps but it's no miracle cure. The possible side effects and cost of biologics scare the hell out of me. i won't try them.
Yeah, I know what you mean about the biologics, especially since I'm on Medicare and the Part D prescription drug plan that has what's known as the "donut hole" in coverage that's a bitch. My brother in law is also on the Medicare Part D plan and he says that it only covers like 6 months of his expensive medication then he has to pay for it until he spends $6,000 OUT OF POCKET, then after that it pays it all until the next year and then the cycle starts all over again?? 'Who the hell can afford that? :shock:

Last week I talked to a local woman about her RA medication and she says that her biologics cost $2,200 A MONTH FOR ONLY 4 SHOTS?? She's not retirement age and has some private insurance that pays most of hers but AGAIN I ask, who the hell on Medicare can afford that? I'd burn through what little savings I have in the first year!!

If I can ever get an appointment with a Dr (still no word on that) I guess I'll try the cheap drugs first to see how they work but I'm like you tresi where the biologics are concerned both with the cost and the possible side effects. The more I dig into this, the more I see there's pretty much NO WAY this is going to end well! :(

Big Boyz Toyz!

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Wed May 11, 2016 10:29 pm

Supplemental insurance will help bridge the gap. I assume you dont have much of a retirement fund?

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:56 pm

UPDATE: Finally got a call from that Rheumatologist down in Danville, Va and have an appointment scheduled to see him on May 26th. Just a damn shame that we've got to make a 140 mile round trip to do that?

Ennywho, it looks like I'll finally get a professional opinion on what's going on. =D>

Big Boyz Toyz!

axegrinder
Guru
Guru

Post by axegrinder » Thu May 19, 2016 3:55 pm

RevTheory wrote:You may want to dig pretty deep into autoimmune disease as the underlying cause. I've been dealing with it for over a decade now and I've seen many times in my studies how RA is a symptom of it.

Something, food allergy, leaky gut, low-grade but long-winded viral, bacterial, fungal infection... something may have your immune system wigged out and it's turned on you. RA is when it's turned on your cartilage.

I hope it helps.

^^^^^^^^^THIS!

I've had Crohn's since I was 19 years old (I'm 42 now). Some of the same drugs are used to treat RA as Crohn's. I refuse to participate in making any drug companies any richer while poisoning myself if I can at all help it. My Crohn's has been in remission for about 5 years since I went on a very clean and gluten free diet. I'm convinced wheat is the number one cause of my disease. The other main thing I try to avoid is antibiotics in chicken, eggs, and milk. Organic only. Most people roll their eyes at my diet but if they had terrible stomach cramps for years and sh!t enough blood, they would try it too I'm sure! :D
Last edited by axegrinder on Thu May 19, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

axegrinder
Guru
Guru

Post by axegrinder » Thu May 19, 2016 3:59 pm

woody b wrote:Interesting. My Mom developed Crohns after having shingles.
Strange. I had a shingles flare when I was 19! Then Crohn's shortly after.
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US