Open to topics unrelated to Speed-Talk.
No politics. No religion topics.

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Turning on youtubes and pdfs?

Post by pdq67 »

My computer won't run youtubes or let me view pdf's!

How do I turn them on?

pdq67
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Turning on youtubes and pdfs?

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Could you view them before?

Edit: I see your previous post that cites a youtube video.

First thing to try is rebooting your computer.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Kevin,

My machine got so screwed up a while back that I took it in and the guys put a different, but, "used", hard drive in it.

They gave me my old hard drive and it is in the drawer, but the, so-called, "newer", different one, won't allow me to play youtube or look at pdf's is all.

Maybe I need to take my original hard drive to a different shop and get it, "cleaned up", and then re-install it so that it will be fine??

I am an old man and sometime wish that I was computer literate like I am concerning our old SBC and such engines!

I can take onna them apart and coffee can everything and put it back together and never miss a beat! And I have!!!!!

BUT these computers???????????? I will be hard stretched to turn one on from go!!!

pdq67
BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

Post by BCjohnny »

IANAE, but ......

Sounds like your 'new' HDD hasn't got 'Flash Player' or 'pdf Reader' installed, both programs from Adobe Systems.

You should be able to download both for free (direct from Adobe), depending on connection speed it'll take maybe a few minutes.

When you download 'Flash' my suggestion is to go into you settings and set it to 'click to play' or however it's termed. The exact method will depend on browser but it will normally be in 'Add Ons' or such, an internet search will point you in the right direction. Lets you choose whether to play all that annoying unsolicited crap or not.

If your old hard drive has just had a virus, OS crash etc, you can 'wipe' (over write) it after rescuing the files you want, and re-use it. Anything else just bin it, wiped/formatted secondhand HDDs are pennies online.
crazyman
Expert
Expert

Post by crazyman »

+1 on the adobe updates. Been there.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Thanks guys for the help.