A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

kid7755
Pro
Pro
Re: A shock...2018 Engine Masters thread

Post by kid7755 »

It’s all good. We have an empty unmachined block to stare at. We’re right on schedule for EMC! How’s everyone else doing?

Henderson
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

got a phone call today asking if im in or out....told them im out.
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Post by Barry_R »

Got an email asking about T shirt sizes and bowling/banquet attendance.

Got a quick response to an oil pan question.

Looked over the event documents they emailed and noticed the bowling event is listed on Cable Road in Lima. Gonna be a long drive.... :D

Probably should start putting the engine together
Survival Motorsports
www.survivalmotorsports.com

WD for Comp, Manley, Blue Thunder, Diamond
Probe, Holley, Clevite, Federal-Mogul, Scat....
RAMM
Expert
Expert

Post by RAMM »

Barry_R wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:02 pm
Got a quick response to an oil pan question. That's impressive!

Looked over the event documents they emailed and noticed the bowling event is listed on Cable Road in Lima. Gonna be a long drive.... :D That's why I said no to bowling

Probably should start putting the engine together Us too.
J.Rob
New and improved website under construction.Check the blog for relevant info
http://skmfxengines.blogspot.com/
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

RAMM wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:49 pm
Barry_R wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:02 pm
Got a quick response to an oil pan question. That's impressive!

Looked over the event documents they emailed and noticed the bowling event is listed on Cable Road in Lima. Gonna be a long drive.... :D That's why I said no to bowling

Probably should start putting the engine together Us too.
J.Rob
WoW, that's about a 200 mile evening trip just for bowling with pizza. There has to be SOMETHING nearer.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Post by Barry_R »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:54 am WoW, that's about a 200 mile evening trip just for bowling with pizza. There has to be SOMETHING nearer.
I am certain that it was just a carryover typo from the prior year - just thought it was funny....
Survival Motorsports

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

Barry_R wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:10 am
Walter R. Malik wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:54 am WoW, that's about a 200 mile evening trip just for bowling with pizza. There has to be SOMETHING nearer.
I am certain that it was just a carryover typo from the prior year - just thought it was funny....
I am sure it was ... that was just being a bit facetious, :-P
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
Carroll
Pro
Pro

Post by Carroll »

I’m having withdrawals! Hope everyone’s engine is coming along well. This is usually the time of year when I’m telling everyone the engine is going together fine, but something is always wrong and I’m in a state of panic! With tears and little snot bubbles coming out of my nose. Lol Good luck to all you Gearheads
Joe C
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

brechlrl wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:20 am Anybody got any communication other than a request to pay up on entry fees? 5 weeks to go and everything is up in the air.. Anybody want to lay odds that it gets cancelled?
I received a reply to my email about 3 or 4 days after I emailed to ask about the lift rule. There is no lift rule. Adger Smith emailed me back fairly quickly and I'm not even a competitor. Pretty ironic, huh. :roll: Just like I figured with previous years that didn't have a lift rule, if there isn't one listed, there is no rule.

You're not in this year, Joe?
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
perfcrank

Post by perfcrank »

Did anyone get an updated dyno schedule sans the dropouts ??
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Post by Barry_R »

Well - - they got it done!

I know its a big surprise, but Kaase won Vintage and MPG won Traditional. Not gonna be a big payout at the betting window, but they got some decent money out of the deal. Mine was a back of the pack sorta deal, but I knew that going in. I just had to "be there".

Event was run pretty darn well considering a first time venue. JE staff busted their tails and SAM brought a bunch of help to get everybody mounted and dismounted. Dyno cell seemed to work well - had a minor hiccup with the computers video card that was quickly fixed one afternoon. Data was solid, engines all seemed to load and run through the RPM band smoothly and I heard no complaints from anybody all week.

The "side window" layout of the cell was interesting, sort of like being in a fishbowl, but I kind of liked it. You could watch the action from the hallway and a lot of folks did just that during each run. I know that the JE folks were talking about upgrades and alterations to the cell to optimize it for the rapid access and traffic flow inherent in an Engine Masters effort, which is very different than what works in a less time constrained development program.

Tons of sponsor and media people were on hand, and the interest and excitement for the contest was readily apparent. We had the CEO of Race Winning Brands on site for a couple of days, along with the industry icon guys that were in on the ground floor for Dart, Diamond, Carillo, Comp and others. I do not recall that number of executives ever being on hand for past events - its a good sign for interest and investment in the event's future. They also did confirm that they have a contract already in place for next year - so EMC is again running well and moving forward.

Huge thanks to Adger, RJ, Lonnie and the rest for putting up with me for a couple days.
Survival Motorsports

PRH
Guru
Guru

Post by PRH »

Yeh, yeh, yeh........ let’s here about the important stuff.

Just how far away was the bowling?😎
Somewhat handy with a die grinder.
Barry_R
Guru
Guru

Post by Barry_R »

About 400 feet.
Of course my bowling skills are essentially zero - but they did have both beer and pizza, and I am a trained professional in those...
Survival Motorsports