Transmission to Rear-end

Moderator: Team

autogear
Pro
Pro

counterfeit Auto Gear parts

Post by autogear » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:23 am

Heads Up! Counterfeit Auto Gear Muncie Midplates

It has come to our attention that counterfeit Auto Gear Equipment 'Muncie 4 speed' ductile iron midplates (sometimes referred to as 'mainshaft bearing supports') are being sold by at least one outlet.

We have also discovered that there are significant dimensional and quality issues with these counterfeit midplates which may prevent their successful installation or adversely affect the life or performance of your gearbox; in the interest, therefore, of the 'Muscle Car' community served by this forum, we are publishing this notice.

Genuine 'Auto Gear' midplates are manufactured in the United States and are cast 'AGE 18' in the casting relief inboard below the ball bearing diameter.

Thanks.

George E Sollish

Chief Engineer
Auto Gear Company

Supershafts
Pro
Pro

Re: counterfeit Auto Gear parts

Post by Supershafts » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:23 pm

I hope whoever is doing it and having your stuff pirated has a disgruntled customer shoot him in the mouth with nothing smaller than a 12 guage, and he gets away with shooting the pos or is acquitted.

We Race, We Vote!! Limotorsports.org
Supershafts.com

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:41 am

Damn A/G, sorry to hear of this.

But when you have a good thing, people tend to try to make money off it too, legal OR OTHERWISE!!

pdq67

novadude
Guru
Guru

Post by novadude » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:54 am

You gotta wonder why someone would do this? IMO, Autogear mid-plates are sold at a fair price. I wouldn't think that the Muncie market is big enough for someone to tool a pattern and go into business making their own. Doesn't seem like it would make economic sense. It's a real shame.

I run your case, midplate, and tailhousing. Everything is top quality - these are some of the few aftermarket parts I've used that were "right" straight out of the box. Hope these counterfeit guys don't tarnish your reputation. Keep cranking out the quality Muncie parts! :)

Supershafts
Pro
Pro

Post by Supershafts » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:53 pm

novadude wrote:You gotta wonder why someone would do this? IMO, Autogear mid-plates are sold at a fair price. I wouldn't think that the Muncie market is big enough for someone to tool a pattern and go into business making their own. Doesn't seem like it would make economic sense. It's a real shame.

I run your case, midplate, and tailhousing. Everything is top quality - these are some of the few aftermarket parts I've used that were "right" straight out of the box. Hope these counterfeit guys don't tarnish your reputation. Keep cranking out the quality Muncie parts! :)

Some pos simply buys one of your's (AGC) they send it to 1 of a few choices in china... they do all the work and you buy 1000 of them for pennies... There is no expense other than buying one of what you want made... It's disgusting, i deal with this shit almost everyday. Suddenly our govt does nothing to pirates.
1 of the main reasons i am voting for Trump.

The stuff is shit, it's tolerances are all over, but its less than 70% of the good stuff and some pos is making more money per piece even at less than half of what the original costs and makes more then the original people.

fukin summit sells shit pirated by others, and then the original companies don't pull their stuff from them... i don't get that.

We Race, We Vote!! Limotorsports.org
Supershafts.com