Setting up car for both low speed, and High Speed

Transmission to Rear-end

Moderator: Team

autogear
Pro
Pro

Re: Setting up car for both low speed, and High Speed

Post by autogear » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:53 pm

Its not that we said "Paul's idea is bad" LOL You have to remember we also distribute Tremec parts into the aftermarket.

I could certainly get one of our 2.99 1st gear 4spds up to his requirements; but have you ever seen the length of the input on a chrysler? Nothing I can do about that, 5spd or not LOL. He'd need one weirdo lookin cantilevered shifter mount to put a GM-based 4spd transmission in his 'bird comfortably.

If he wanted to go side shifted 5 speed...my answer would be a DNE 4+1 and drop the rear gear WAAAY back (2.73?). It would run cooler in top gear and you could put 2-3-4 where you needed em for best use on the twisties. Id talk to someone like liberty's about lightening up the geartrain through milling/lathe work to allow it to shift faster.

A Gear Vendors on a Passon-prepped 833 is still not a bad idea either.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Re: Setting up car for both low speed, and High Speed

Post by pdq67 » Sun May 01, 2016 3:09 pm

I know AG..

I'm not ragging on you guys at all but rather listening to Dusty Springfield's "Wishin' and Hopin'", song... AND thinking about ---

A Muncie 5-speed and that '69 Cougar Eliminator, 2-speed rear end would be as "Toad's" girl friend say's, "BITCHIN'!!!".....

pdq67