Royco 555, anyone use this stuff????

Transmission to Rear-end

Moderator: Team

Dutchman

Royco 555, anyone use this stuff????

Post by Dutchman » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:42 am

I stumbled across some of this stuff and it appears it is used in helicopter gear boxes and turbine jet engines oil .Mil spec states it is designed for very high sheer loads. 0-160 w .
News to me,gm synchromesh is similar in its salad dressing consistently but not sure of its weight and if there is a advantage or disadvantage for either one.
I am thinking poss rear end lubricant and Manuel trans.
My application is street car dn5 550 pound foot torque in a light application.
I do work with some turbo guys with Manuel shifting 1k hp who's trans is showing damage from lubrcation breakdown.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience in using it and what was/is the application,thank you speed talk for any input from many minds much smarter than me.

ChevyEFI

Re: Royco 555, anyone use this stuff????

Post by ChevyEFI » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:10 am

Let me guess; the 1000hp turbo guy needs a maindrive & countershaft.

His ride probably needs qualified manual trans. expert to add a pump setup before the lube gets erroneously blamed for breakdown.

Dutchman

Re: Royco 555, anyone use this stuff????

Post by Dutchman » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:39 am

ChevyEFI wrote:Let me guess; the 1000hp turbo guy needs a maindrive & countershaft.

His ride probably needs qualified manual trans. expert to add a pump setup before the lube gets erroneously blamed for breakdown.
Main drive and c/s is good,it has billet forks and the synchro is eating the 1-2. Everything else looks fine....for now.
Not looking for a magic bullet,maybe just to improve shift quality and add a little protection over the standard over the counter lubes.
Pump most likely is in his future.