Can anything be done to these headers to make them fit ??

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

63 Nitrous Ratt Vette

Can anything be done to these headers to make them fit ??

Post by 63 Nitrous Ratt Vette »

These are the Dyna-Tech headers that are supposed to fit a chassis car, I guess not my chassis car !

Can anything be done to save them ? I good a good deal on them on junk and would like to avoid paying 1200.00 + for a set of headers. It is a little hard to see but if they were about 8" more narrow in thier sweep they would be perfect.

Greezer
Pro
Pro
Post by Greezer »

Have a nice day
Last edited by Greezer on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
WDCreech

Post by WDCreech »

It'll cost just about as much to modify those as it would be to have some made for your chassis, unless you do them yourself.
Bill

1964 tube chassis GTO, 2750#, 606 cu. in. Indian Adventures tall deck w/Super Chiefs
best 1/4 et. so far; 8.2550 @ 164.17 all motor
63 Nitrous Ratt Vette

WDCreech wrote:It'll cost just about as much to modify those as it would be to have some made for your chassis, unless you do them yourself.
I think you are probably right, got any pics of your car ?.....64 Goats are kick ass.
WDCreech

Post by WDCreech »

63 Nitrous Ratt Vette wrote:
WDCreech wrote:It'll cost just about as much to modify those as it would be to have some made for your chassis, unless you do them yourself.
I think you are probably right, got any pics of your car ?.....64 Goats are kick ass.
Yes I do, but I'm a computer nit wit, I don't know how to host pictures else where and post them. On other sites, I post them as attachements, directly from my 'puter.
Bill

1964 tube chassis GTO, 2750#, 606 cu. in. Indian Adventures tall deck w/Super Chiefs
norton
Post by norton »

how many drag strips do you have up in Alaska?

sorry for the off the subject post.
If its not one thing its five!
WDCreech

Post by WDCreech »

norton wrote:how many drag strips do you have up in Alaska?

sorry for the off the subject post.
There is just one. http://www.akracewaypark.com/ A little over 40 miles north of Anchorage. At one time there was one that was only open for two seasons, here in Anchorage. It became a housing developement. years ago the Air Force let the Fairbanks Racing Lions hold an event on the airstrip at Tanacross, near Delta Junction. Then at Eilson AFB, near Fairbanks, but that stopped after 9/11. In the 80s, there were several 1/8 mile events held on the Soldotna air strip (about 150 miles from Anchorage), but that was stopped after noise complaints, even though mufflers were required. There are a couple pictures of my goat on page 2 of the Memorial 2008 wheels up launches, in the tlolson site in the photo gallery. It'll be the only red GTO in the gallery. Picture #s 0117 & 0118.
Bill

Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

WDCreech wrote:
63 Nitrous Ratt Vette wrote:
Yes I do, but I'm a computer nit wit, I don't know how to host pictures else where and post them. On other sites, I post them as attachements, directly from my 'puter.
Make a free account at photobucket.com or similar free hosting site. Upload your photos to the site. Once uploaded, copy and paste the img link (that will be below the uploaded photo) to this forum. It's quite easy.
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
haroldt

Headers

Post by haroldt »

I don't know how they would work but could you replace the collector's with turnout type collector and run them through the body like the turbo boys do?
WDCreech

Old dog, new tricks

Post by WDCreech »

Thanks Keith! I think I've got it figured out.
Bill

63 Nitrous Ratt Vette

Nice car
WDCreech

Post by WDCreech »

Thanks! I'm sorry for just about taking over your thread, but if someone gets me going on my car...... If interested, I put more pictures in General Discussions.
Bill

fabman

Post by fabman »

if your not running mufflers get some bends and and cut the collectors and point them down????