Any one ever have a vega, monza or early nova?

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

Adger Smith
Guru
Guru

Vega

Post by Adger Smith »

Alex,
I have just the Vega you need. I can sell it to you cheaper than you can build it.
It is a 1977 that is what I would call Hugger orange. I think the camera flash made it look a little yellow. Paint is outstanding (# 9) Except for left front fender damage. (got loose in the trailer on the way home)The lettering & numbering is all vinyl except the small, neat accent pin stripe. It is a Jegster chassis, (lower box frame, the rest round tube) Fiberglass front nose, doors, rear bumper & 4” cowl hood. (Rear hatch & front fenders are steel) It has an expired NHRA sportsman 8.50 sticker. All alum work is very sanitary & polished. It ran with a 377, 18 deg small block. It was raced mostly 1/8 mile & had a 5.59 dial on it. I was told it was about 2150 with a 175 lb driver. This car fits a small driver. I’m 6’4, 230 & can’t sit in it. The front cap is attached with slides on the front & 6 bolts at the firewall. You unpin the front slides & remove the fender bolts & the complete front cap comes off. The hood is pinned, (5 places) not dzused. The rear hatch is also pinned. It has a very nice shifter mount (removable, as is trans tunnel) with delay box mount is conveniently attached to the shifter mount. The battery box is in the rear, with covered access through hatch.
The following is a list of parts/features.
1. Jegster chassis, Mild steel, 4 link, pinto/vega front suspension. Polished pinto rack
2. 9 in Ford rearend, , 4.86 gear Strange iron third member, 35 spline axles & spool
3. Jaz front mounted 2 ½ gal fuel cell, braded hose plumbing. Fuel pump mounts
4. Afco alum rad w/pin in mount, elect fan & Jaz overflow tank
5.Wilwood 4 wheel disc brakes & front spindles. (good condition)
6. Weld wheels
7. Stroud chute
8. M/T tires front & rear, 14x32 rear. Look to be fresh, 75-80% life.
9. Painless control switch box & relay panel, rear mounted battery cut off switch
10. Kirkey seat, with cover
11. RJS belts (Aug. 07)
12. Steering wheel has quick release
13. Line lock
14. 18 deg Chevy headers, brand unknown, look fab/modified to fit, good shape
15. Moly Driveshaft, Brand unknown,balanced, spicer 1310 h/d joints.
16. SB motor plates & mid mount.
17. Engine/frame movement limiter
18. Comp Engr. spring loaded wheelie bars
19. Stroud windoe net
20. I'm sure I left something out...
Price is $12,000 If bought at that price I can help with delivery. (meet half way, or somewhere) I am planning on fixing the fender...
This is one of the nicest Vegas you will ever see. I have some pictures I can e-mail. I havnen't got a clue how to post one on here.
Adger Smith
Adger Smith Performance Engines
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
adgersperf@aol.com e-mail
ClassKing
HotPass
HotPass

Post by ClassKing »

Adger....a $12,000 dollar Vega....REEeeally??

C'mon. Thought we were supposed to HELP guys here.

:lol: :lol: :D :P :wink: :?: :!:
Function - the hidden math.
http://www.pontiacengines.com
myvega

Post by myvega »

What? Because it's a Vega it's not worth anything? If I knew I wouldn't get kicked off this forum I'd tell you what I really thought of your opinion. Twelve grand seems like a steal to me. I wouldn't sell mine for that.
Jim Sheaffer, Vegadude
Greezer
Pro
Pro
Post by Greezer »

Have a nice day
Last edited by Greezer on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClassKing
HotPass
HotPass

Post by ClassKing »

myvega wrote:What? Because it's a Vega it's not worth anything? If I knew I wouldn't get kicked off this forum I'd tell you what I really thought of your opinion. Twelve grand seems like a steal to me. I wouldn't sell mine for that.
Christ - chill out. Me and Adger go way back. At least three years.... 8)
Adger Smith
Guru
Guru

Vega

Post by Adger Smith »

Yea, You have been trying to get me to give these Crank grinder chucks to you at least that long. I think time has passed a little quicker than you remember, too many birthdays, AY! Just think that comment about Vegas came from a guy that now races a 2 BBL AMC Bee or is it Hornet (something that stings)in U/SA. Talk about value in race cars. OOPS, Sorry...Bruce ticks off us Vega owners & I am not kind to Hornet owners. Well, at least the quick jet deal is good! :~)
After your post I think you should give me a set of those metering blocks to do some dyno tests & document the results. You know un biased results. Now if I had a Sunbird it would be worth more, right Pontiac guy. LOL! Bruce you need to buy this Vega & turn it into a Pontiac. Probably doesn't have enough head room for you. Well, keep on keeping on..
Later
Adger Smith
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
ClassKing
HotPass
HotPass

Post by ClassKing »

Hey - there's the deal - Get me that chuck and I'll get you two of the metering blocks. Love to see you test them. You'll be kicking yourself for waiting so long. These things are SO innovative.

cheers,
bmf

Hornet?

It was a Matador! Big difference....(?) hahaha... :roll:
WireGuy

Re: Vega

Post by WireGuy »

Adger,

I can not believe you are selling my baby let a lone hurting her in transport!!! LOL

Just to add to Adger's post...I built this car in 2001, it is Hugger Orange, straight enamel. All aluminum work was done with .040 and is perfect. The car went 5.53 at 125...and 8.63 at 157...very stable and very smooth car. Went 1.190 60'. In it's early form, the car weighed 2060 w/o driver....last on the scale with added anti-roll, NOS system, CO2, chute, etc was 2374 wet with 180lb driver. To correct a few details, the fuel cell is 3 gallons, unless changed, the third member is Strange aluminum, and the tires had 6 runs on them. All windows are lexon and marguard. The headers are a headman kit that good ol dad fabbed.

Yes...this is the nicest Vega you will ever find!! But, I am a little partial!!

Hey Adger....hows them headers coming?

P.S. I got your old Clack car on the track...went 1.055 first 60' hit!!!
Adger Smith wrote:Alex,
I have just the Vega you need. I can sell it to you cheaper than you can build it.
It is a 1977 that is what I would call Hugger orange. I think the camera flash made it look a little yellow. Paint is outstanding (# 9) Except for left front fender damage. (got loose in the trailer on the way home)The lettering & numbering is all vinyl except the small, neat accent pin stripe. It is a Jegster chassis, (lower box frame, the rest round tube) Fiberglass front nose, doors, rear bumper & 4” cowl hood. (Rear hatch & front fenders are steel) It has an expired NHRA sportsman 8.50 sticker. All alum work is very sanitary & polished. It ran with a 377, 18 deg small block. It was raced mostly 1/8 mile & had a 5.59 dial on it. I was told it was about 2150 with a 175 lb driver. This car fits a small driver. I’m 6’4, 230 & can’t sit in it. The front cap is attached with slides on the front & 6 bolts at the firewall. You unpin the front slides & remove the fender bolts & the complete front cap comes off. The hood is pinned, (5 places) not dzused. The rear hatch is also pinned. It has a very nice shifter mount (removable, as is trans tunnel) with delay box mount is conveniently attached to the shifter mount. The battery box is in the rear, with covered access through hatch.
The following is a list of parts/features.
1. Jegster chassis, Mild steel, 4 link, pinto/vega front suspension. Polished pinto rack
2. 9 in Ford rearend, , 4.86 gear Strange iron third member, 35 spline axles & spool
3. Jaz front mounted 2 ½ gal fuel cell, braded hose plumbing. Fuel pump mounts
4. Afco alum rad w/pin in mount, elect fan & Jaz overflow tank
5.Wilwood 4 wheel disc brakes & front spindles. (good condition)
6. Weld wheels
7. Stroud chute
8. M/T tires front & rear, 14x32 rear. Look to be fresh, 75-80% life.
9. Painless control switch box & relay panel, rear mounted battery cut off switch
10. Kirkey seat, with cover
11. RJS belts (Aug. 07)
12. Steering wheel has quick release
13. Line lock
14. 18 deg Chevy headers, brand unknown, look fab/modified to fit, good shape
15. Moly Driveshaft, Brand unknown,balanced, spicer 1310 h/d joints.
16. SB motor plates & mid mount.
17. Engine/frame movement limiter
18. Comp Engr. spring loaded wheelie bars
19. Stroud windoe net
20. I'm sure I left something out...
Price is $12,000 If bought at that price I can help with delivery. (meet half way, or somewhere) I am planning on fixing the fender...
This is one of the nicest Vegas you will ever see. I have some pictures I can e-mail. I havnen't got a clue how to post one on here.
Adger Smith
Guru
Guru

Vega

Post by Adger Smith »

Jeff,
I'm so glad to hear from you & glad you jumped in here. I really didn't want to sell our little orange Baby, but a lot has taken place in my life. Let's just say things have changed due to the loss of my mother's battle with cancer & I now have a father to take care of. I've really enjoyed the closeness with him & life is about more than my racing.
I have also had a computer crash & lost ALL of the action pictures you sent of the Vega & your contact info. I looked around on the net for you & with all that was going on in my life gave up finding contact for you.
The headers are dead.. When the guy tried to clean the other coating to re coat them they had areas that were rusted through from the inside. I took them to a local guy that tried to retube the bad areas. Just made a mess, nothing I would be proud to have put on my old Clack Car, or anything else. I guess the best thing for me to do is send you some money to even the deal out. Yea, it got loose in the trailer on the way home & hurt the left fron fender. Nothing else. Lucky I felt it when it rolled into the tool box. A little paint touch up & one fender & it is good to go. I'm glad The Dragster is hauling it. Please send me all your contact info.
Adger Smith
2802 W 7 TH ST
Texarkana, TX
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
www.adgersperf.com Web site (view only)
Adger Smith
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
WireGuy

Post by WireGuy »

Adger,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. The time left with your father as important is it comes. I know!!! Remember the shape my dad was in while you were here? Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Jeff
513-617-5717