Need Dyno info

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

jrcentllc

Need Dyno info

Post by jrcentllc »

I am requesting info from this awesome forum and wish to draw from its unworldly knowledge.

I was wondering if someone out there has a Harrison data acquistion system that works correctly and would be willing to share info about the system and your experiences with the system. The manufacture is less than helpful. I have owned this system for 10 years had it stuck by lightening and susposedly fixed by Harrison and been dealing with problems ever since.

A great amount of appreciation and thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this problem.

Jon
The day I know it all, shoot me.

The only dumb question is one that wasn't asked and now you have a bigger problem.
Shopboss
Guru
Guru

Post by Shopboss »

Check Your PM.
I May be able to help.

Donny
Charlie@TheRAceShop

Post by Charlie@TheRAceShop »

I had a system at one time. Sent it in to be fix and he said there was nothing wrong with it. I replaced it with a DTS DG4000 to solve the problem. Called him about six months later and he said he though it out. I guess he did me a favor. When it worked right it wright it was nice system. A lot of great features. To bad Chancy is a %^* stick. 15,000 down the drain. Thanks Chancy. But I am not bitter. :wink:
Shopboss
Guru
Guru

Post by Shopboss »

Is Harrison still in business? Their website doesn't come up and when I do a web search I come up empty. I've been using one for several years without major problems. It's working fine for now. The DOS system is just so hard to work with.
I noticed that the Land & Sea Pro software is suppose to work with 3rd. party daq systems. Has any one tried that With the Harrison unit.

Donny
ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

C Varney/Harrison Eng

Post by ALKYAL »

Chauncy is alive. Spoke to a shop in South Hero Island, VT. said he see Varney all the time[shop advertises new high end parts on RacingJunk site] The shop is right down the street from Varneys home. Sounds like he gave up on HOT SAWS and is now into guns! He also used to hang out @ The Crankshop in Burlington, Vt. They had one of his data acc. systems. This is the problem with buying from a one-man band. If he's done-Your done, like it or not. I didnt buy one.
Some people are so stupid that they dont even know it! - by a famous Hillbilly
Shopboss
Guru
Guru

Post by Shopboss »

Just updated to a Land and Sea system. Replaced everything. Man it works great. I love the software. I can add sensors, gauges etc. without any trouble at all. The people at Land & Sea know their stuff. I bought the Pro software & data acquisition box along with the load control valve and built my own cart and frame system. The only problem is I keep learning new things that their software can do and then I want to do it. The great thing about their system is the ability to use almost any sensor or input and configure it to work with the software. I just added an AEM O2 sensor. This only took about 1 Hr.
I know this sounds like a commercial for Land & Sea but it's not.

I still have the other complete Dyno along with the data Acquisition from Harrison. It always worked great for me. I just felt limited by the DOS setup. It would be a good start up system for someone. (Now this is an advertisement)
If any body is interested PM me I'll sell it cheep.
Shopboss
Guru
Guru

Post by Shopboss »

To all that have inquired about the dyno for sale. I just had a very bad computer virus take out 2 of our computers and don't want to send out any e-mails until I get the problem taken care of. Thanks for the questions. I'm on another machine now and I'll answer as soon as possible.
Donny Key
If anybody wants to call me do so at 770-479-5873
I'm in Canton Ga. about 40 mi. north of Atlanta.