Info on Jeep Comanche heater core R&R / Illustration

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

SOTL

Info on Jeep Comanche heater core R&R / Illustration

Post by SOTL »

Seeking Info on Jeep Comanche heater core R&R / Illustration

Trying to access the Heater core on a 87 Comanche, can cannot find anything with a illustration of how the unit is assembled, broke down or accessed,

I can get Wrangler illustrations everywhere, but the Comanche and the Cherokee have no press on this issue.

Can anyone help???

Its cold enough here in TN you still need a defroster on occasions and a heater on even more occasions.

SOTL
Grocerius Maximus
Pro
Pro
Post by Grocerius Maximus »

You don't have to remove the dash, but you DO have to tilt the dash, the lower brackets at the A pillar have a slot.

Remove heater/AC/blower box in its entirety. Should be self-explanatory from there.
SOTL

Post by SOTL »

thanks,

i think this info has me equipped to be highly dangerous in the attempt instead of just a road hazard waiting to happen
SOTL

Post by SOTL »

If any manual says you just have to loosen one end of the dash board and twist the heater box out,,

THEY ARE A X*#% LYING PUBLISHER

I have had to remove the complete dashboard JUST TO GET TO THE REST OF THE SCREWS on the Heater Box.

Plus i have discovered i have some kind of banding wrapped around my box thats tied to the firewall on a post right between the glove box and the radio compartment,

GUESS WHAT,,, Its not accessible UNTIL THE DASH IS REMOVED.

Hence WHY IT WILL NOT TWIST.

Second, My Dash is also tied by bolts to the STEERING COLUMN Short of removing them and pulling it out It AINT GONNA TWIST ANYWHERE, but will instead Crack all kinds of Plastic dash panel mounts.

After cussing this thing for a few days,

JUST remove all the screws PULL THE DASH OUT and be done with it.

I makes for a great time to FIX all of those bad lamps, poor wiring connections, and maybe make some wiring modifications like a Power accessory Fuse panel block to be installed in a better location.

ANYBODY got any suggestions on how to repair all of those squeaky cracked plastic tabs and supports????

WHILE I AM INSIDE OF THIS MESS!!!