sbc 383 motor mounts

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

JohnnyB
Pro
Pro

sbc 383 motor mounts

Post by JohnnyB »

At what point is it wisest to forgo stock style rubber engine mounts and use solid mounts, and do you also go to a solid tranny mount too. Car is a 70 camaro, 4 spd, 4.10 gears, goodrich drag radials. Motor will be 383, 11.1 comp., AFR 195 Eliminator heads, (comp version) solid roller cam. Hopefully makIng something over 450 HP, love to see around 500 HP. Will I need solid mounts, or are there any 'industrial strength' stock type that will keep things where they belong? I believe the motor will at times be abused by me, and some tire shredding may be probable.
If life was easy I would be bored. My EX-Wife has assured me I will never be bored.
BGriff

Post by BGriff »

I'd recommend solid motor mounts and a polyurethane transmission mount for your application.
Too many hobbies
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

Yours is a good candidate for solid motor mounts, but NEVER use a solid trans mount. Chassis flex will cause you to possibly break a bell housing or tail housing with a solid trans mount.
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
JohnnyB
Pro
Pro

Post by JohnnyB »

jmarkaudio wrote:Yours is a good candidate for solid motor mounts, but NEVER use a solid trans mount. Chassis flex will cause you to possibly break a bell housing or tail housing with a solid trans mount.
Good point, thats why I ask questions of those that have gone before me. Wont break the bellhousing-it is a old lakewood unit w\block plate. However the muncie tailshaft I can see turning into scrap alum. Thank-you for your reply.
If life was easy I would be bored. My EX-Wife has assured me I will never be bored.
jezzicaz789
Re: sbc 383 motor mounts

Post by jezzicaz789 »

JohnnyB wrote:At what point is it wisest to forgo stock style rubber engine mounts and use solid mounts, and do you also go to a solid tranny mount too. Car is a 70 camaro, 4 spd, 4.10 gears, goodrich drag radials. Motor will be 383, 11.1 comp., AFR 195 Eliminator heads, (comp version) solid roller cam. Hopefully makIng something over 450 HP, love to see around 500 HP. Will I need solid mounts, or are there any 'industrial strength' stock type that will keep things where they belong? I believe the motor will at times be abused by me, and some tire shredding may be probable.
Hi , I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
[url=http://moviesonlinefree.biz]Watch Legion Online Free[/url]
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

What's with the SPAM lately???
GURU is only a name.
Adam