enlarging pvcr

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

mbrooks
Expert
Expert

enlarging pvcr

Post by mbrooks »

need to go bigger on the pvcr, looking at it i'm thinking pretty simple but wondering if there is anything i need to be careful about. just go in so far to the vertical channel i guess. any tips?

thanks
Dodge Freak
Guru
Guru
Post by Dodge Freak »

Go very slow, like if its .060 go to .062 and check (unless you are certain its way too small).

Seen some who tap the hole for a removable brass fitting drilled out, just like for an adjustable metering block. Holley makes a block which has it done.

A good tool and die shop would have the right tap--they could tell you which size tap to use if you bring them a brass fitting, like these

http://www.jegs.com/p/Holley/Holley-Emu ... 3/10002/-1

The top picture is wrong, those are the main jets, that is Jegs (make that those internet sellers) for you.
mbrooks
Expert
Expert

Post by mbrooks »

thanks for the info and link. they are .059 and i am pretty sure they need to be bigger, little affect on the afr when i'm in the pv, might even lean out a little. my metering blocks have the emulsion restrictors like what is linked, a guy would have to be pretty good to put them in the pvcr. probably go slow with this one like you said.