Plymouth Duster question...

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

gn69z28
Pro
Pro
Plymouth Duster question...

Post by gn69z28 »

A friend found a 1970 Duster in a barn..no engine,but said it still has the 4 speed in it..dont know what engine it came with..it's in the usual barnfind condition,dirty with some rust..I have'nt seen it..he said the interior looks nice and original..any idea what this thing is worth..he can buy it for $800,I told him to go for it..are these car's valuable..
Airpumpguy

Post by Airpumpguy »

If the condition isn't too bad, I would say it is worth it, especially for a four speed car. Any coupe from 1970 is getting hard to come by for a reasonable price. Look at the fifth digit of the VIN#; if it is a B,C, or E it is a 6 cyl. car. An F would be a 318 and an H would be a 340. Best of luck for an H-code. :) Let us know what it is.

Mike
mech1nxh
Post by mech1nxh »

Airpumpguy wrote:If the condition isn't too bad, I would say it is worth it, especially for a four speed car. Any coupe from 1970 is getting hard to come by for a reasonable price. Look at the fifth digit of the VIN#; if it is a B,C, or E it is a 6 cyl. car. An F would be a 318 and an H would be a 340. Best of luck for an H-code. :) Let us know what it is.

Mike

Howdy Folks,
first post here, I concur with Airpumpguy.
$800 is a great price even with some rust issues.
*if* an H code car it might have a rally dash and
will have an 8 3/4 sure grip diff.

pics please!!

Norm
gn69z28
Pro
Pro
Post by gn69z28 »

Sorry,there are no pics,an old man has it sitting in his shed/garage and never returned my friends phone calls..so we dont know what the deal is..i guess its still sitting there.
pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: Plymouth Duster question...

Post by pdq67 »

Please closely inspect the rear spring hangers b/c my Buddy Doc has a '70 6-banger and it rotted out on him back there.

pdq67