aeroquip fittings

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

Noob
Pro
Pro

Re: aeroquip fittings

Post by Noob »

while I like the shiney aluminum aeroquip fittings and who doesn't. AN fittings are available in steel and stainless under hydraulic fittings for about 40-75% off the "aeroquip" race price. Now granted they weight a bit more but if you can stomach an extra 5lbs... you can live with a substantially fatter wallet. My local hydraulic hose store has almost anything I need in AN and personally I like the stainless better. Doesn't round or break as easily as the aluminum.
Mech Engineer
north florida engine/suspension tuner
Fabrication
stealth
Guru
Guru

Post by stealth »

most of that is 45º though right?

Most alu. AN stuff is 37º
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Stealth,
You can get them either way. The industrial side of things is a whole 'nother world with a staggering amount of odd to us fittings. The one thing you have to be aware of is that the industrial side actually follows some specs laid down long ago. This means that the inside diameters are a lot smaller than racers are used to. I find this to be an advantage when I need to hit a particular size. I buy the industrial stuff and bore to what I need.
Race stuff was prettified and all bored out so it could be called hi flow and command a premium price. :D
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."