trying to build a quiet exhaust for a c4 vet

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

olddragguy
trying to build a quiet exhaust for a c4 vet

Post by olddragguy »

i would like to get ideas on how to build an exhaust that wont drone me out of the car at cruizing speeds . the car has 420rwhp and has run a best of 12.27@116.88mph. with a 21/2in system that has a drgas xpipe and spin tec mufflers . i am wondering if i went to a 3 in system and super turbo mufflers,it might quiet her down without losing too much power . any thoughts i would be most thankfull for
Y BE AVG
Pro
Pro

Re: trying to build a quiet exhaust for a c4 vet

Post by Y BE AVG »

Get rid of the spintecs, Borla had a system for those that was pretty nice. real deep sound, not too loud.
Corey Clayton
Clayton Racing Engines 630.532.4052
Stocking WD for DART/AFR/Trickflow/Callies/Compstar/SCAT/CP-Carrillo/Mahle/PAC springs
olddragguy

Post by olddragguy »

corey thanx for the suggestion ,i have some borla mufflers sitting around but sure wish they made them in 3 in .i guess i might try building a 3 in system and use the borla mufflers since they are at the end of the exhaust track
F1Fever
Guru
Guru

Post by F1Fever »

did you ever come up with a nice solution to this?
I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.
West Siloam Dispensary
olddragguy

Post by olddragguy »

yes i did , i wanted to do some testing before getting back here . the car started with a 21/2 in corsa exhaust hooked to some 2 in stainless works headers/ all tests dona a fontana test and tunes . ran the car with the corsa and ran a best of 12.70 @114.11 mph da that day was 1900. then built a 3 in exhaust with a unique crossover. we put in 2 reqtangular pipe 2 in wide by 11/2 in tall where the pipes neck down to go down the tunnel . we hooked them to some 21/2 in super turbo mufflers with 2 21/4 exits . the car went 12.54 @115.77. so we thought lets try some 3 in inlet super turbo mufflers with 2 21/2 in exits car went 12.23 @116.60 mph. we accomplished all our goals to make more power than the corsas and make the exhaust as quiet as or what happened more quiet than the corsa system that the zr1ers love for alot less than the almost 1300 dollar price of the corsas. we spent 650 dollars for the whole deal that inc the labor for the muffler shop and 2 sets of mufflers . oh yeah the mufflers we used were the dyno max super turbos . when i am cruizin on the freeway the only thing i hear is the tire noise, until i open her up , i love the sleeper aspect of the car now and when i get on her i dont fell i am letting every cop within a mile know what i am doing . one last thing even though the testing was done on 3 different sessions the da was within a 100 feet for all 3 tests . if anyone wants to hear what she sounds like there is 1 vid on utube of the car at the strip with the first 3 in stage, vid of final config will be up next week . vid is under the stage name of zeusone and the vid is jetta vs corvetteat acd/ have a great week guys . and thanx for some of the ideas we ended up using