Quarter Pro setup questions

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

Mentally Impaired
Quarter Pro setup questions

Post by Mentally Impaired »

:D Well, that didn't take long huh.

Just started playing around with the software & I have a couple questions.

I've entered various figures in each & except for the software doesn't like high or low "Stall Index" numbers and that a higher "Torque Multiplication" number killing the 60' time I cant tell what they do.

So......

What is the "Stall Index" & what does it actually do?

What is the "Torque Multiplication" & again what does it actually do?

Thanks
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Re: Quarter Pro setup questions

Post by Stan Weiss »

Torque Multiplication is exactly what it says. It is how much you convertor Multiplies you engines torque output. Ask your convertor manufacture what this number is for your convertor.

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Mentally Impaired

Post by Mentally Impaired »

Stan Weiss wrote:Torque Multiplication is exactly what it says. It is how much you convertor Multiplies you engines torque output. Ask your convertor manufacture what this number is for your convertor.

Stan
Stan,
Thanks for the reply. Any idea who makes the converters for Ford? I'd really like to figure this stuff out so I can get some use out of the software I bought, however, right now it's GIGO. :(
xenginebuilder
Expert
Expert

Post by xenginebuilder »

Mentally Impaired wrote:I've entered various figures in each & except for the software doesn't like high or low "Stall Index" numbers and that a higher "Torque Multiplication" number killing the 60' time I cant tell what they do.
I have the older version, but when you increase the torque multiplication or stall, the program "applies" more power to the tires, so you have to adjust the tire traction index as well. Look at your g's and wheel spin, your loss of 60 ft time with higher numbers may be related to tire spin.
If you lend someone $20.00 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.