braille no wght battery

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

crash

braille no wght battery

Post by crash »

anyone using these? wonder if i can use a reg craftsman charger? since both are 12 volts.
2 time track champ and 1 time king of the track
foot braker
LnL
Re: braille no wght battery

Post by LnL »

You are talking AGM batteries, right?

I have a ProMaster AGM battery. stated clearly in the instructions, is that using a regular charger will kill the battery.

I got a Schumacher chager for about $50, that is computerized and adjustable to different types of batteries.

I hated to spend $50 on ANOTHER charger, but when the battery cost nearly $200..... cheap insurance.
crash

Post by crash »

i think they are trying to sell chargers as well? so if i install one in a street car . the charging system is not the same as a agm charger so how does the battery know how it's being charged?
foot braker
LnL

Post by LnL »

Supposedly, it's the charge rates. Your alt won't overheat it, but a cheap charger will.

I've seen alot of smoked Optima batteries, and supposedly it is because of the cheap chargers.

I bought the "computerized" charger a year ago, and charged a few Optimas and my AGM a few times, no problems.

caveat emptor.
crash

Post by crash »

i got the battery and a new charger ordered. tryin to save a little weight. replacing two red tops with one no weight battery.
foot braker