toulene

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

393ci

toulene

Post by 393ci »

i have a 14.2:1 comp engine and i'm wanting to run it on 98 octane pump fuel and toulene, does anyone know what the mixing % would be to do this safely if it can be done

Thanks
CHT

Re: toulene

Post by CHT »

Tolulene I have found works well to 10% mix ratio after that it has less effect. I dont think you'll get there though with that comp, unless it's got a very low DCR
shoedoos
Expert
Expert

Post by shoedoos »

Schurkey
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Schurkey »

393ci wrote:i have a 14.2:1 comp engine and i'm wanting to run it on 98 octane pump fuel and toulene, does anyone know what the mixing % would be to do this safely if it can be done

Thanks
Keep in mind that European "98 octane" fuel is approximately the same as American 92--93 octane fuel.

There's a difference in the rating methods.
David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus »

393ci wrote:i have a 14.2:1 comp engine and i'm wanting to run it on 98 octane pump fuel and toulene, does anyone know what the mixing % would be to do this safely if it can be done

Thanks
The best you can do with the pump fuel you have available is to blend it with 40-50% mXylene.
mXylene has the highest MON octane value of any readily available compound. But the actual octane value of the above blend is uncertain since we do not know the nature of the other pump fuel components.

You might also try a splash of ethanol in order to cool the inlet charge and raise vapor pressure.
lyonsperf

Post by lyonsperf »

Or you can add a methanol/water injection system like Devilsown to eliminate detonation and improve power.
Dealer for Undercover Innovations, Metco,Dynamic,Fragola and many other American Made products!
Check my site http://www.lyonsperformance.com