Dallas Cast Iron Block Welder Recommendation

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

JAKEJR

Post by JAKEJR »

I'm hoping someone can recommend a welding business in the Dallas, TX area that can weld up a small block coolant leak at the bottom of one cylinder.

The shop that did the clearancing for a stroker crank broke through so it's repair time. Also, the previous owner had the block half-filled, "O" ringed, Oliver 4 bolt main caps and lifter valley ground smooth, so I'm hoping to salvage the block.

Thanks for any help.

Jake

1996 Vette, 388 CID LT1 (3.75" X 4.060"), Eagle Internally Balanced Forged Crank, Eagle 6" Forged Rods, SRP Forged Pistons, CompCams XFI 467 Cam (230/236 @ .050), Scorpion 1.7 RRs, AFRs ported to 212 ccs (304 cfm @.600), Match Ported LT1 Intake, SVO 30# Injectors, BBK 58mm
I__________________
My son, Ryan M. Cameron, graduated from West Point on 22 May 2010! He was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant and I pinned on his first pair of "Butter Bars" PROUDEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!
af2
Guru
Guru

Re: Dallas Cast Iron Block Welder Recommendation

Post by af2 »

JAKEJR wrote:Dallas Cast Iron Block Welder Recommendation
I'm hoping someone can recommend a welding business in the Dallas, TX area that can weld up a small block coolant leak at the bottom of one cylinder.

The shop that did the clearancing for a stroker crank broke through so it's repair time. Also, the previous owner had the block half-filled, "O" ringed, Oliver 4 bolt main caps and lifter valley ground smooth, so I'm hoping to salvage the block.

Thanks for any help.

Jake

1996 Vette, 388 CID LT1 (3.75" X 4.060"), Eagle Internally Balanced Forged Crank, Eagle 6" Forged Rods, SRP Forged Pistons, CompCams XFI 467 Cam (230/236 @ .050), Scorpion 1.7 RRs, AFRs ported to 212 ccs (304 cfm @.600), Match Ported LT1 Intake, SVO 30# Injectors, BBK 58mm

Braze!! Not weld. That part of the block see's less than the upper as far as pressure.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
miniv8
Expert
Expert

Re: Dallas Cast Iron Block Welder Recommendation

Post by miniv8 »

Well the block is half filled, do you really need a weld there?

Cover it up with Epoxy?
Magnús Aðalvíkingur Finnbjörnsson