super sucker spacers

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

Joey XY
super sucker spacers

Post by Joey XY »

Can someone please tell me which way is the correct way to place the 1" spacer hvh type . the flat side up or the milled out side up? thanks . :oops:
396monteSS
Re: super sucker spacers

Post by 396monteSS »

The flat side should face the carb with the tapered side facing the plenum. It should be sitting directly under the carb so it wouldn't fit upside down.... The tapered point would keep the carb from sitting all the way down on it.
Joey XY

Post by Joey XY »

Hey thanks for that , I thought it was wrong , i said to the mechanic , I wouldnt imagine they would put the writing and flags upside down , He obiousley hasnt used that type . But thanks again
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

Occasionally an engine responds favourably to one installed 'pointy end up', but it's a rarity. A friend of mine shipped his engine from SF to NC when it lost over 20 HP and nothing helped; only for the builder to turn the spacer pointy end down and have it dyno better than new... #-o
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
chevy art
Pro
Pro

Post by chevy art »

does anyone really know if one of those supersuckers would add horsepower by just switching from a 1 inch flat, open spacer to a 1 inch supersucker. thinking of replacing my 1 inch open spacer for a supersucker, and just dont know if its worth the trouble and expense to change to one. any info appreciated PS it will go on a small block chev that revs to 7800 rpms and has about 525 horses already. thanks art
topfuelrocket

Post by topfuelrocket »

I find on air gap intake manifolds it helps equilize A/F Ratios per side
on a single plane there will be a increase in HP, over a open spacer, all depends on your combo for how much, Have seen as much as 18HP
mike22l
Pro
Pro

Post by mike22l »

I put a super sucker on my 350 vortec circle track motor and it bolted on 10 hp. i slid the spacer towards the rear with the carb on it and it made nothing. The dyno is the best way to find the correct spot for the spacer...otherwise you may be wasting your money. Like I said, I bolted it on and found the sweet spot and added 10hp and 10 ftlbs of torque.
Enigma
Pro
Pro

Post by Enigma »

topfuelrocket wrote:I find on air gap intake manifolds it helps equilize A/F Ratios per side
on a single plane there will be a increase in HP, over a open spacer, all depends on your combo for how much, Have seen as much as 18HP
.......for the airgap, are you using the one specifically designed for dual planes, or just the regular four hole? I'm using the airgap for a big block and am wondering if the super sucker will help out a little on the top end of the rpm range without hindering the bottom. More equalized a/f ratios would also be a wonderful benefit.