Warn lights warrenty [or not]

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

numboltz
Warn lights warrenty [or not]

Post by numboltz »

In 2011 I bought a new truck, and thought now is the time to get
some decent driving lights for the backroads driving, snow storms etc. that are part of life here in the bundocs. Having seen cheap lights too many times in the shop, I sprang for a set of Warn driving lights. Kinda spendy, but I'm tired of junk.

Fast forward to this spring. The truck was sitting unplated and unused all last winter, so when I pulled the Warn light covers off a few weeks ago I was shocked to see that both lights have the interior lens reflective plating bubbled up and rusted. Lights are junk, after about 5 uses.

Checked the Warn website for warranty info, didn't find any but there was an email address. They actually replied to my query and asked, reasonably enough, for some pictures [sent] and a copy of the bill of sale, which was FAXed to them. They asked for my mailing address and that was that.

Weeks went by, and no Warn replacement lights showed up. I emailed them and stated that I had assumed they were sending me replacements and if so, they hadn't appeared.

Guy replied: well it was hard to read the bill you FAXed us. So I offered to re-FAX or mail them a copy. Haven't heard anything since, and no replacement lights either.

So my whine is: if they were not going to honor a warranty [not that they publish one, it seems] why didn't they just say so? I could have just gone out and found some decent lights and chalked it up to a bad experience. I wonder if the have some teenage kid running the place? Not very professional, IMO. I don't know if that is their warranty policy for all their stuff, just for lights or I caught them at a bad time.

Anyone have any experience with them?

I see "PIAA" on the glass lenses, so I suppose it is not really a Warn product.

Anyone know if parts are available for these or other brand of driving lights? And, what is a decent quality brand of light, one that is waterproof and the paint or chrome on the outside is heavy enough not to fail in 1 year?
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Warn lights warrenty [or not]

Post by Kevin Johnson »

This will not help you but we can commiserate. I was working on my old Mercedes and thought it would be nice to install a brand new grill shell and antenna mast. Within two months both were rusting here in Florida, something that the originals had resisted for about twenty years. Both into the trash.

I have some Cibie Super Oscars that I have saved for close to 30 years now. I do not think they will corrode when installed. That might be a path for you -- vintage lights.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
SilverXJ
Pro
Pro
Re: Warn lights warrenty [or not]

Post by SilverXJ »

I use LightForce lights, one set I have had on my Jeep for the past 10 years or so. One of the reflectors had a crack, bad batch according to them. Sent me a new reflector, no questions asked. Same thing happened to the other one later down the line. This time out of warranty. Again, they sent a new reflector as well as two updated arms/sockets.