Statics equations? Anyone good at it? Good Book?

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Statics equations? Anyone good at it? Good Book?

Post by justahoby »

I have been doing Statics this semester… the Math or Trig is not hard but applying the physics concepts to it is when the instructor does not demonstrate it well. I got an 88 and a 91 on my two tests, and would like to pull it up a hair.
So far did ok with the methods of sections and methods of joints.. anyone here that i can bounce off a problem that binds me.. Last 2 weeks i spent 50 hours of accumulated study to get a 91 on what the instructor FAILED to explain, as most of the class bombed the test.
A good clear book recommendation from engineers here would be great.My text book leaves a lot of holes to be desired most of the time..
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Statics equations? Anyone good at it? Good Book?

Post by Kevin Johnson »

First, ask the instructor what he or she would recommend as study aids. That might prepare you for the types of questions that will be present on the exam as well as indicating an interest in the subject matter.

Does your school have a good library? You can visit the stacks and look for old textbooks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4rl3yyyQ6c
Tips and Tricks - Engineering Statics - solving problems
Lecture Series on Mechanics of Solids by Prof.M.S.Siva Kumar , Department of Applied Mechanics ,I.I.T.Madras.

http://accessengineeringlibrary.com/bro ... cs-statics

I used to purchase the Schaum Outline Series of texts for various subjects.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

"Beer and Johnson" brats. Mmmmm. Sorry, just had to. :lol:

Another key thing about taking exams:

Often, there will be individuals, or even a gaggle, panicking immediately before an exam and attempting to extract information from you or discussing it between themselves. DO NOT participate -- cover your ears. Seriously. Even if you know the material this can disrupt the information. BIG MISTAKE to listen or be drawn into it.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
justahoby
HotPass
HotPass
Location: In Stephenville, Texas, USA from Thunder Bay, Canada

Post by justahoby »

I got my semester finished, was tough at first.. Scored second in the class, thanks,for the help
As I'm approaching 40,I still think I'm 20. What the hell is wrong with me?
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

=D> =D> =D> :D