BG fuel system question

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

dbusch
Expert
Expert
BG fuel system question

Post by dbusch »

car has a BG 280 pump with BG 2 port regulator and 750 race demon carb. trouble is, i can back the regulator all the way off and the fuel pressure wont go below 9 lbs. tried other guages, same reading. then, sometimes the pressure will suddenly show 5 lbs.

is the regulator bad, or should the BG 280 pump have a return line. The BG 400 comes with one, but the 280 doesnt. maybe it has too much line pressure behind the regulator.
hookdaddy

Post by hookdaddy »

BG requiresaspecialinlet fitting for that regulator. Use of a standard AN fitting will damage the regulator.
Don Scholl
V.P. Sales & Marketing
S&W Race Cars
Strip Poker 388
Post by Strip Poker 388 »

the fitting it drilled out .the ck ball in the reg is large .this may not be your prob though, Be sure not to bottom out the adjusting screw it will damage the diaphragm, also there a vent in the top of the reg ,if it get water in it from washing or rain it will rust and damage the diaphragm.

also most use a # 10 inlet.I have drilled the out but its hard to keep it centered

I have also seen the rubber parts of the stainless steel hose com loose and get in the reg seat.When the hose gets old it will deteriate and flake off. This is real bad on the nitrous regulator :shock:

the 280 is drag only!!!! I have burned up a few of them on the street :o
Cobra

Post by Cobra »

When speed shop owners get tired of replacing fuel pressure gauges for customers, they tell customers to set pressure and remove gauge!