Putting a newer front end on an older truck?

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

econo racer
Expert
Expert
Putting a newer front end on an older truck?

Post by econo racer »

Can this be done? I want to make my 98 silverado look newer. I have seen some Ford trucks be able to do this. Anyone know about this? look newer :D
Brian P
Guru
Guru

Re: Putting a newer front end on an older truck?

Post by Brian P »

Yours would be last year of GMT400 which ran from 1988 to 1998, so for stock direct replacement parts, yours is the newest of that style. Aftermarket ... who knows, there is a ton of stuff for GM trucks, take your pick (and take your chances).

It's normally only realistic to do this within the same vehicle generation, and even then, not always (e.g. if they changed the alignment of trim parts or body features).
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

You can put an Escalade nose on. They have a kit for that as well as other bumper, grill,fender skirt kits.
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
econo racer
Expert
Expert

Post by econo racer »

Yes I saw a escalade front on one truck like mine the other day. The guy also slammed it to the ground. For some reason that just looked horrible. #-o You guys are right the body lines won't let me do the newer look. Thats Ok. happy for what I have.