new combination, a clean sheet of paper

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

Larry Woodfin

new combination, a clean sheet of paper

Post by Larry Woodfin »

Racers,

let me have your ideas about a lightweight racecar for an extra large driver.

I am 5 ft 11 inches and weight 290 pounds. It simply has to be an easy in - easy out because I have "FOS" disease. [Fat, Old, Stiff] [Grin]

Some things I have considered are the short land shark rails or some type of long wheelbase altered/roadster.

What are some of you two XX drivers racing?

Thanks
Larry Woodfin
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

Larry, while I'm not XX, my favorite is the dragster, one of our racers here has a Landshark and likes it. Most of the newer cars have more room in them. The longer chassis on dragsters are usually more stable and consistent than roadsters/altereds. And if something breaks, it's behind you. I'm told the Landshark is great to judge the finish line too.
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
Larry Woodfin

Post by Larry Woodfin »

Mark,

Thanks for the note. I have just talked with Jeff Strunk [Land Shark builder] Jeff was very calm, polite and I enjoyed the visit. He comes across as very racer friendly.

During the visit he pointed out several advantages of the 185" wheel base rail. [all sounded good and made sense]

At this time, I am strongly considering going with a Land Shark.

Larry Woodfin
brett w

Post by brett w »

Are you stuck on Drag racing? How about an Ex Winston Cup car? A sports racer can be built for plenty of space and they are a blast to race. Maybe an Ex Can AM car.