wanted used set of 062 vortec NON MEXICO heads

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

wanted used set of 062 vortec NON MEXICO heads

Post by ALKYAL »

Looking for a pr of 062 American heads. I understand they were on a 96 thru 98 Truck engine. All the ones that are NEW with this casting number are MADE IN MEXICO ! Cant use them! please PM me with what you have and asking price. Thanks
Some people are so stupid that they dont even know it! - by a famous Hillbilly
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Re: wanted used set of 062 vortec NON MEXICO heads

Post by PackardV8 »

Probably 2 of 3 will be cracked. We've got a pair out in the snowbank and will check later today. Usable heads go for $250 pair here. Still interested?
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
dave brode
Expert
Expert

Post by dave brode »

I thought that all 062s were cast in Canada? Not sure about 906s.

Fwiw, I have been involved with some vortec headed projects, all used heads, not new. 3 pairs were good, both heads on the 4th engine were cracked. The cracked set was from a junkyard van with leaking intake gaskets, probably run hot. The gaskets were mush.

Interestingly enough, perhaps, the shortblock from the van had oil that looked like a chocolate milk shake, but was not hurt. No ridge, crank was nice, the bearings looked like they could have been reused. I have read that the GM antifreeze is not hateful to bearings. It was re-ringed/bearing'd std and runs well. The crank was so nice that it was not even polished. It got one of the other pair of heads, which came from an engine that had the cash for clunkers glue in it. I suppose the glue did not reach the heads, but the lifters were glued into the block!

Dave
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

Well, as predicted, the pair we have were both cracked. One is total junk and the other is cracked in the headbolt hole; we repair those by drilling oversize and pressing in a big truck valve guide.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
ALKYAL
Expert
Expert

Post by ALKYAL »

Please let Tim know. Thanks for your effort. Al
Some people are so stupid that they dont even know it! - by a famous Hillbilly