Stock Market Crash?

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Stock Market Crash?

Post by Ken0069 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:05 am

Don't know how many of you have been following this but the stock market events of the past 2 days kinda backs up what was originally reported 1/3/2014 on prisonplanet.com concerning Billionaire Investors like Warren Buffet. The market dropped over 100 points Thursday and over 300 points yesterday so this speaks volumes about Buffet and others unloading stocks a few weeks ago.

This all makes me wonder if the financial bubble is about ready to burst, ie, all that pumping of worthless cash by the Federal Reserve has inflated the Market with what is basically worthless money. I've seen several economists on CNBC and Bloomberg.com stating that the next bubble will be very large one, even more so than 2008. Stock up on g u n s and a m m o and hang on!

Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why
January 3, 2014

http://www.prisonplanet.com/billionaire ... s-why.html
Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks . . . and fast.

Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.

In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.

With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.
And here's a link to that same article after it was updated after yesterday's 318 point drop.

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNews/billio ... onalreview
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

swatson454
Guru
Guru

Re: Stock Market Crash?

Post by swatson454 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:48 am

I read a few reports back in August that most of the "big money" was already either out, quietly selling off or had their finger on the sell button for a big dump.

It'll be interesting to see if they have the Federal Reserve ease up on talks about tapering off QE to keep the market artificially propped up until after the mid-terms but know this, this bubble WILL pop and it's going to be ugly!

Shawn
Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God will come to know God because they know you.

nickmckinney
Guru
Guru

Post by nickmckinney » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:35 pm

Been hearing this investor pull back story over and over for near 15 years now, and a few months later they seem to always have more stock than before. IMHO we have been blowing debt bubbles since Reaganomics (gov debt increase) to Clinton era (dotcom bubble blowing) to Bush 2 (consumer debt mega balloon) to Obamics (gov really going on the crack binge) Taking a look at the Japan real estate slump of the 1990's onward and the British industrial demise since the 60's and we seem to have borrowed the crap economic model from both. The longer you are the debtor the weaker you become, you have to have money to make money and we have less and less each day to work with. Now people say buy guns and ammo and right now I am the opposite and trying to buy all the dirt cheap machines/tools I can that way I can be heavily diversified and keep them running at least part time. My new business model is to be profitable at just 50% of potential output, but we can ramp up quickly when needed.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:02 pm

It wont happen till after the election and they have put a republican in the white house to take the blame.

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:23 pm

GARY C wrote:It wont happen till after the election and they have put a republican in the white house to take the blame.
Yeah Gary, I've been thinking that exact same thing!! Whom ever is in the white house when the shit hits the fan will own it even if they've only been there for a day! Lets just hope it hits before 2016 elections.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

Big Boyz Toyz!

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:06 am

Ken0069 wrote:
GARY C wrote:It wont happen till after the election and they have put a republican in the white house to take the blame.
Yeah Gary, I've been thinking that exact same thing!! Whom ever is in the white house when the shit hits the fan will own it even if they've only been there for a day! Lets just hope it hits before 2016 elections.
I wish the Republicans had the balls to refuse to run in the next election, let the Democrat's take full brunt of what they have set forth over the last 8+ years...No one to blame then.
My prediction is Jeb Bush, if you think about it from the progressives point of view, if you can crash the economy with a republican in office "and" his last name is Bush you can guarantee complete control for at least 8 years.

And all they would have to do is do exactly what the republicans have been asking for for years....Stop the Fed from printing!

I am sure I don't have to tell you what happens then.

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:20 pm

Hummm, market down 40+ points Monday, up 100 points yesterday and down 190 today? And add that to the two day loss of 400+ last week?

Watching CNBC they're saying that the Fed is reducing it's QE by 10BILLION a month so I guess that's what's triggering this sell off. Just damn glad I don't have any money in the market now!

Big Boyz Toyz!

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:28 pm

GARY C wrote:And all they would have to do is do exactly what the republicans have been asking for for years....Stop the Fed from printing!

Actually, from what I can gather no one knows what's going to happen when QE stops because no one has ever been where we are now? Or at least that's my understanding of it. Closest thing to it I guess would be the Weimar Republic (Germany) before WWII and it wasn't pretty then.

Big Boyz Toyz!

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:04 am

Ken0069 wrote:
GARY C wrote:And all they would have to do is do exactly what the republicans have been asking for for years....Stop the Fed from printing!

Actually, from what I can gather no one knows what's going to happen when QE stops because no one has ever been where we are now? Or at least that's my understanding of it. Closest thing to it I guess would be the Weimar Republic (Germany) before WWII and it wasn't pretty then.
Thats my point, If you research the progressives agenda that started about 60+ years ago you will see that we are pretty much where they had planed, and that is to set up the US system to crash, the one thing they aren't sure of is what they will replace it with... but they don't care, they think the GOV will save the day.
Here is part one that shows some, the others are easy to find, but He shows videos of Obama and others in there own words speaking about the progressive movement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP5epjCTW0Q#t=339

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Market took a 150 point hit today for another loss. Talking heads on the financial TV shows don't seem to be too concerned about it though? They say it's just a "correction".

Big Boyz Toyz!

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:18 pm

Dow Dumps To 2nd Worst January In 24 Years

by Tyler Durden on 01/31/2014 16:03 -0500

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-3 ... y-24-years
Trader's Almanac - every down January on the S&P 500 since 1938, without exception, has preceded a new or extended bear market, a 10% correction, or a flat year. As we also noted here, The JAJO Effect
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-2 ... t%E2%80%99

Big Boyz Toyz!

swatson454
Guru
Guru

Post by swatson454 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:35 pm

Ken0069 wrote:Market took a 150 point hit today for another loss. Talking heads on the financial TV shows don't seem to be too concerned about it though? They say it's just a "correction".
Well that depends on whose in the White House. If it was Romney, they'd all be screaming "disaster!"
Live in such a way that those who know you but don't know God will come to know God because they know you.

nickmckinney
Guru
Guru

Post by nickmckinney » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:41 pm

You do know 150 points is like a fly speck compared to 15K+ Look back at 1987 to see a real drop, it would equal over a 3000 point drop today.

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:14 pm

The Dow was down another 327 points today. So since January 2, 2014 the Dow Industrial Average is down about 1,200 points in 32 days.

Stocks unravel after factory report; Dow sinks 300-plus points
By: Kate Gibson
Published: Monday, 3 Feb 2014 | 4:12 PM ET

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101384540

Big Boyz Toyz!

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Ken, do you think any of this could have to do with the Fed not being able to produce the actual gold for the country's that thought they were secure in our gold storage?

If I understand correctly the country's asking for their gold are getting remelted similarities of what they gave us to store and it's taking years to return it????

Not sure if any of this is true?