Stock Market Crash?

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

In-Tech
Guru
Guru

Re: Stock Market Crash?

Post by In-Tech » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:03 am

Negatory, the stock market WILL crash, it's the same as climate, it rolls.

I like what Trump is doing, taking credit when not due is a bad bad thing though.

Continue on \:D/
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl

Splitter
Pro
Pro

Post by Splitter » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:17 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:58 pm
I think the market is in for a correction. The underlying economy is sound so a correction will only be temporary and the upswing will continue.
I agree with this...other than a correction, the upswing will continue or a few more years at least. Something has to scare investors into holding cash instead of stocks, in order to trigger a sell off. I’m guessing that trigger will be, in order of likelihood:

1. Collapse of crypto currency, or
2. Failure of international trade negotiations, or
3. Threat of war

It will probably happen during Trumps second term (!). Let’s revisit this thread in a few years.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:10 am

What's funny and totally predictable is that the left blows the huge market upswing off and credits ohdummy but the second it corrects itself, and it surely will, it'll be Trump's market crash.

And Trump isn't taking an undue victory lap; the market is bullish on deregulation and consumer confidence. All Trump.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:09 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:10 am

And Trump isn't taking an undue victory lap; the market is bullish on deregulation and consumer confidence. All Trump.
Let make sure we quote this so we can blame your hero for the collapse. :mrgreen:

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:48 pm

You will anyway: facts and logic be damned. You do realize that discrediting Trump for a rise but blaming him for a fall makes you look like a dumbass, right?

Well, you actually don't care. You're just after your dopamine drip from the negative attention you get by stirring shit on your various forums. Textbook internet troll.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:14 pm

The fall will happen when the demo c rats ruin everything. Its really that simple. They have this cult religion they all hold allegiance to. And will do what they can to bring back all the job ruining restrictions that trump got rid of. And that is why the market will fall. Its like everything else that is easy to understand with simple logic.
Again they would like us all to live in a Venezuela like country, one of their ultimate goals for us. They like to see homeless people on the streets with trash everywhere. I guess CA is a huge mess that way, they for sure don't want those people having land to live on, like the Kiltchers have.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:35 pm

They create the problem and then present the "fix", as long as you vote for them.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:46 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:35 pm
They create the problem and then present the "fix", as long as you vote for them.
Right on..

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:57 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Reminds me of some of these computer viruses. Sorry we screwed up your computer however if you send us $100 we will fix it.

emsvitil

Post by emsvitil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:09 am

I'm going to put my 401ks (my stocks aren't enough to worry about) into stable funds just before midterm elections.

See what happens with election, then either stay with stable or put things back as they are now once I see which way the wind is blowing......
Ed

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:44 am

RevTheory wrote:
Damn, got this shit RIGHT!!

Now when THEY throw the vote OUT, then WE will have a BIG Problem with THEM!! AND I do figure that WE will fix said PROBLEM and THEY know it!!

And the only difference between it happening to us here like is happening in Venezuela is that WE ARE ARMED TO THE F** TEETH! People down south aren't ARMED, now, ARE THEY??

So WE have to be disarmed for it to happen here!! Ain't gonna happen in my lifetime as I see it!!

pdq67