Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4866
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:33 pm

mk e wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:Bottom line is mk e got punked by Bannon and he fell for it. :D
Yeah...totally....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... an-speech/
What does that have do to with North Korea and Kim Jong Un?

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2998
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by mk e » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:43 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
mk e wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:Bottom line is mk e got punked by Bannon and he fell for it. :D
Yeah...totally....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... an-speech/
What does that have do to with North Korea and Kim Jong Un?
Nothing...you and Ken were busy cheering about Bannon "going to war for Rump" and it crept into this thread

Do I get to say you were wrong yet again?
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4866
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:16 pm

mk e wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:
What does that have do to with North Korea and Kim Jong Un?
Nothing...you and Ken were busy cheering about Bannon "going to war for Rump" and it crept into this thread

Do I get to say you were wrong yet again?
It is quite obvious that Steve Bannon did not want to take a new approach to Afghanistan. I have to disagree with Steve on this. Let see what happens in the future.

Ratu
Pro
Pro
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by Ratu » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:58 am

Well, Steve Bannon is retired from the White House now. President Trump seems to be about to break an election promise by embarking on a surge in Afghanistan (which like all those previous is going to prove an expensive and dishonourable failure). Indeed there is no military "solution" available to the USA.

Meanwhile, the DPRK is going to end up possessing a significant nuclear deterrence. It will have enough range to get to all sorts of interesting targets. What these last few months have demonstrated is the ineffectiveness of US government "diplomacy". Running about the show making threats of fire from above and deadly nastiness and all has achieved exactly what for the interests of the common people of the USA? The answer has to be, that apart from incurring yet more debt all that has been achieved is a big fat nothing.

It appears more and more clearly that South Korea is levering away from US orbit and closer to China. Further, the Koreans of the South are kith and kin with the Koreans of the DPRK. They have started to really think now about how if a war breaks out in Korean Peninsula it is not the round eyes back in Washington, or anywhere else on the continental USA for that matter, who get injured, rendered homeless, reduced to starving poverty or murdered. It is fellow Koreans. They are starting to consider the wisdom of bleeding for a rapacious Johnny Foreigner. I listened to local Koreans talking about their politics. They are not favourably disposed towards US bellicosity or the idea of American exceptionalism. They do remember the rapes and murders US troops domiciled in South Korea have been responsible for committing. Best for the USA to set in place a peace treaty and declare an end to hostilities with DPRK, then take all the US military back home. Let the Koreans deal with their own problems. After all South Korea has an economy 85 times the size of DPRK.

What appears to be going on right now is that China's sphere of influence is gaining in strength while that of the USA is waning. In the end there is going to be a rapprochement between the Koreas, encouraged by China, possibly brokered by China (maybe Russia even). Kim could well survive to outlast the presidency of President Trump. Hey, don't forget President Assad of Syria survived to outlast Emeritus President Obama.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2998
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by mk e » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:21 am

1989TransAm wrote: It is quite obvious that Steve Bannon did not want to take a new approach to Afghanistan. I have to disagree with Steve on this. Let see what happens in the future.
Right, and its looking more and more like his idea of helping Rump is to attack the members of the cabinet that disagree with his (bannon's) views......but that really just weakens the administration without providing much if any up side.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5655
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by David Redszus » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:31 am

mk e wrote:
1989TransAm wrote: It is quite obvious that Steve Bannon did not want to take a new approach to Afghanistan. I have to disagree with Steve on this. Let see what happens in the future.
Right, and its looking more and more like his idea of helping Rump is to attack the members of the cabinet that disagree with his (bannon's) views......but that really just weakens the administration without providing much if any up side.
What ever happened to open, vigorous debate? Or should a president surround himself with syncophantic yes men and tooties? Obama and tootsie lost, remember?

I for one, do not want to see governmental lockstep.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4866
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:57 am

David Redszus wrote:
mk e wrote:
1989TransAm wrote: It is quite obvious that Steve Bannon did not want to take a new approach to Afghanistan. I have to disagree with Steve on this. Let see what happens in the future.
Right, and its looking more and more like his idea of helping Rump is to attack the members of the cabinet that disagree with his (bannon's) views......but that really just weakens the administration without providing much if any up side.
What ever happened to open, vigorous debate? Or should a president surround himself with syncophantic yes men and tooties? Obama and tootsie lost, remember?

I for one, do not want to see governmental lockstep.
That is what mk e is used to being a dimoKKKRAT and all. Obama administration as exhibit 1.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2998
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by mk e » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:54 pm

They launched 3 intermediate range missiles tonight....Rumo sure has them pudding in their boots :roll:
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

axegrinder
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:54 pm
Location: TX

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by axegrinder » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:29 pm

mk e wrote: Hopefully the economic isolationists will be dismissed next and we'll have a nice normal establishment Republican administration for the remaining 3 years.
Yea those nice and normal politicians have put America, and also the world, in such a great position (sarcasm), we should hope for more of them.
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

axegrinder
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:54 pm
Location: TX

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by axegrinder » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:38 pm

mk e wrote:They launched 3 intermediate range missiles tonight....Rumo sure has them pudding in their boots :roll:
As opposed to king O who allowed Korea to develop all the troubles we have to deal with now. Who was ignored as if he was a kid at the grown up table. Trump is just confident enough to put a stop to paying tyrants, much less fund them like king O did.
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3193
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by Ken0069 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:48 am

N. Korea fires three ballistic missiles into East Sea
2017/08/26 08:36

From THIS article.
The U.S. Pacific Command (PACOM) also said, "Initial assessment indicates three short-range ballistic missile launches."

"The first and third missiles at 11:49 a.m. (Hawaii time) and 12:19 p.m. failed in flight," the PACOM's spokesman Cdr. David Benham said in an emailed statement. "The second missile launch at 12:07 p.m. appears to have blown up almost immediately."
The List =;
Image
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2998
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by mk e » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:43 am

axegrinder wrote:
mk e wrote:They launched 3 intermediate range missiles tonight....Rumo sure has them pudding in their boots :roll:
As opposed to king O who allowed Korea to develop all the troubles we have to deal with now. Who was ignored as if he was a kid at the grown up table. Trump is just confident enough to put a stop to paying tyrants, much less fund them like king O did.
Olbahblah was a simply terrible for US foreign policy, I've never defended him for it and never will. I'm glad he's gone.

Rump is worse. I didn't think that possible but wrong again it seems.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2998
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by mk e » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:57 pm

NK flew a middle over Japan today, yup right over, not near but right over.

They sure are pissing in their boots after the stern talking to Rump have them.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 632
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by engineczar » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:02 pm

mk e wrote:NK flew a middle over Japan today, yup right over, not near but right over.

They sure are pissing in their boots after the stern talking to Rump have them.
Since you are the smartest guy on the planet and know all why don't you tell us what the Golden boy John Kasich would be doing in this situation if he were President or even better what President MKE would do.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2998
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Kim Jong Un Calls Off Guam Missile Threat

Post by mk e » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:06 pm

engineczar wrote:
mk e wrote:NK flew a middle over Japan today, yup right over, not near but right over.

They sure are pissing in their boots after the stern talking to Rump have them.
Since you are the smartest guy on the planet and know all why don't you tell us what the Golden boy John Kasich would be doing in this situation if he were President or even better what President MKE would do.
Nah, let's stick to Rumps' incompetence and the importance of actually bei g able to do the things you say you'll do and not drawing redlines you can't enforce.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Post Reply