I bet the NFL is hurting.

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Re: I bet the NFL is hurting.

Post by David Redszus » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:07 pm

The city of Chicago has replaced sirens in its police cars with a recording of the National Anthem.

The idea is that a bad guy will drop to a knee while being chased by cops when it is played.

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:42 am

Official NFL Sponsor Considers Nixing Business Partnership
Nov 03, 2017 8:35 PM
The national anthem fiasco that’s engulfed the National Football League has its official pizza sponsor deciding whether to pull the plug on the partnership due to declining ratings. Papa John’s said it’s re-evaluating its business relationship with the NFL, while founder and CEO John Schnatter voiced his frustration over the league’s inability to fully deal with the situation concerning the protests (via WSJ):
The List Rev A =;
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

woody b
Expert
Expert

Post by woody b » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:42 am

We're having Papa Johns pizza later today. !!!!!!
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:07 am

woody b wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:42 am
We're having Papa Johns pizza later today. !!!!!!
That was a good marketing move. People "ate it up" :lol:

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Vin Scully: “I will never watch another NFL game.”

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Advertisers Threaten To Pull Ads If Networks Keep Airing NFL Anthem Protests
By Samantha Chang
November 5, 2017 at 9:17am
The NFL has foolishly bitten the hand that feeds it. And the hand might bite back.

Advertisers have threatened to pull their ads from NFL games if television networks continue to show players disrespecting the national anthem by refusing to stand.

“Marketers have said, ‘We will not be part of the NFL if you continue covering it,'” according to Linda Yaccarino, the chair of advertising sales at NBCUniversal.

Yaccarino made the remarks Friday at an advertising event in New York, Business Insider reported. Yaccarino said no advertisers have canceled their ads yet, but several said they will if the national anthem protests continue.

Currently unemployed quarterback Colin Kaepernick launched the protests in August 2016, claiming he was taking a stand against racism in America and police brutality.

TRENDING: Nikki Haley To United Nations: You’re Not America’s Boss

Other football players have since joined the protest, which has severely damaged the NFL.

Football fans outraged by the injection of liberal politics into their leisure time are boycotting the league in huge numbers. At least eight restaurants have banned NFL games to protest the league’s disrespect of the anthem.

And the NFL’s popularity and TV ratings have cratered.

President Donald Trump said NFL players should protest on their own time and not hijack football games with their hollow virtue-signaling. The left responded by trashing Trump as a racist and lionizing Kaepernick as a heroic “political activist.”

Meanwhile, Kaepernick does not even vote (the most basic act of political activism) and says nothing about the numerous black-on-black murders that occur every day across the country.

Tellingly, Kaepernick said nothing when blacks were killed by cops (both black and white) during the eight-year tenure of Barack Obama, the nation’s first African-American president.

Colin, who’s half-white, was raised by his adoptive white parents, but insists White America is oppressing him. Race-baiting liberals claim Kaepernick’s continued unemployment is due to racism in the NFL.

Meanwhile, no group has spawned more black millionaires than the NFL, where more than 70 percent of players are black.

RELATED: Here’s How Trump Has Silently Gutted Obama’s Legacy

Sports reporter Jason Whitlock, who’s black, has repeatedly pointed out that Kaepernick is a mediocre quarterback, and that’s why he’s unemployed.

“Listen, this is simply a case of a guy who’s not good enough,” Whitlock told Fox News. “His talents aren’t good enough to justify all the attention and noise and controversy.”

Similarly, NFL Hall of Famers Jim Brown and Franco Harris — who are both black — said Kaepernick needs to grow up. Brown, who fought for social issues his entire life, blasted Kaepernick’s approach as childish and unprofessional.

“I’m going to give you the real deal: I’m an American,” Brown told ThePostGame.com. “I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem. This is my country, and I’ll work out the problems. But I’ll do it in an intelligent manner.” (read more)

(Video Here)
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

Big Boyz Toyz!

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:47 pm

Watching the KC/Dallas game now. Look like a full house. Must be about 100k people there?

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:57 am

GO AHEAD DUMBASSES, KEEP IT UP!! Talk about killing the goose!! Just saying...................... :roll:

The NFL ratings slump is getting worse
November 22, 2017
The TV audience for NFL games steepened its slide in Week 11, losing 1 million viewers versus last year’s season-to-date average.

The 6.3 percent slump — worsening from comparable declines of 5.6 to 5.7 percent during the previous three weeks — plagued a week whose off-the-field drama made gridiron tackling seem almost tame by comparison.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones remained the major distraction by continuing to battle with fellow team owners and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Jones brought even more tension to Week 11 when video footage surfaced late last week of the football tycoon making a racially charged remark at a 2013 wedding party.

President Donald Trump added to the off-field antics with a tweet calling for the suspension of the Oakland Raiders’ Marshawn Lynch for not standing for the national anthem during a game played in Mexico City. (read more)
The List Rev A =;

Big Boyz Toyz!