The Science of Disinformation

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by GARY C » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:00 pm
GARY C wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:54 pm
You havent looked at it from every perspective because you clearly have not looked at it from Gods perspective!

If the author of everything were to communicate with mankind the information would not be a garbled convoluted concoction that is called the bible.
It's Not!
Like I said if you want to talk about it pm me and I will give you my # or pm me your # and I will call you!
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBER AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!

lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:21 pm

dont all get your panties in a bunch. the church was used as an example, and we all know like politics, we could argue the merits of "FAITH" forever without changing any ones mind. though it seems some get so touchy over the subject when it hits a nerve they dont wanna hear. :roll:

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:22 am

lefty o wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:21 pm
dont all get your panties in a bunch. the church was used as an example, and we all know like politics, we could argue the merits of "FAITH" forever without changing any ones mind. though it seems some get so touchy over the subject when it hits a nerve they dont wanna hear. :roll:
Actually I would be the first to agree with you but as I said that is the followers fault not the other way around! If the congregation actually studied the word of the God they claim to serve they would know a false teacher in a heart beat.

Thats like Americans blaming congress for the debt of America as the American people live in debt and keep reelecting the same people to congress, but that would never happen. Right?
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBER AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!

paulzig
Pro
Pro

Post by paulzig » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:33 am

David Redszus wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:14 pm
paulzig wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:07 pm
David Redszus wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 pm

There have been many attempts and claims to be able to perform mind control, all have been proven to be false.

I'll make sure I let the muslims know this :)
Good. What communication channels will you use?
How will you know if they received your insights?
Through prayer and charging the angels with the task. I agree with you though... Lame attempt at humour.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:11 am

paulzig wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:33 am
David Redszus wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:14 pm
paulzig wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:07 pm

I'll make sure I let the muslims know this :)
Good. What communication channels will you use?
How will you know if they received your insights?
Through prayer and charging the angels with the task. I agree with you though... Lame attempt at humour.
What is the old saying? The greatest deception the Devil ever pulled off is convincing people he doesn't exist.
It's like bacon and eggs!
Please Note!

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:40 am

Scripture is not sacred. None of them are, except to those who want them to be for their own benefit.

When we speak of faith of the "Book", we are actually referring to any one of several writings, around the world over thousands of years.

When we speak of "God" we are actually referring to any one of several (perhaps hundreds) of Gods, past and present.

Religions have taken many forms around the world over time. Some people truly believe the teachings of their book, for a period of time, and then drift in and out of a belief state.

Faith, flimsy as it often is, changes over time and circumstance. The proper study of human belief systems is a complicated matter.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:52 am

David Redszus wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:40 am
Scripture is not sacred. None of them are, except to those who want them to be for their own benefit.

When we speak of faith of the "Book", we are actually referring to any one of several writings, around the world over thousands of years.

When we speak of "God" we are actually referring to any one of several (perhaps hundreds) of Gods, past and present.

Religions have taken many forms around the world over time. Some people truly believe the teachings of their book, for a period of time, and then drift in and out of a belief state.

Faith, flimsy as it often is, changes over time and circumstance. The proper study of human belief systems is a complicated matter.
I didn't say anything about scripture! but your quoting unknown assumptions as fact because a man with a degree told you there true!
So how is that more accurate than a man with a degree confirming scripture to be historically and scientifically accurate when he actually has the info from that time frame?
You want me to believe the you in 2017 are correct about what someone else said about millions of years before there was anyone here to document it but I am wrong for accepting something that is documented?
Please Note!

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:06 am

GARY C wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:52 am
David Redszus wrote:

I didn't say anything about scripture! but your quoting unknown assumptions as fact because a man with a degree told you there true!
So how is that more accurate than a man with a degree confirming scripture to be historically and scientifically accurate when he actually has the info from that time frame?
You want me to believe the you in 2017 are correct about what someone else said about millions of years before there was anyone here to document it but I am wrong for accepting something that is documented?
A degree is merely a piece of paper and has very little value.
Please explain an "unknown assumption"; what does that actually mean? Do we know it is an assumption or not?

To which documentation do you refer? There is not much in the way of documentation that goes back millions of years.
How would you authenticate any ancient document?

My real question is; "What the hell are you talking about?"
Please try to be a bit more clear.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:19 am

David Redszus wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:06 am
GARY C wrote:
David Redszus wrote:

A degree is merely a piece of paper and has very little value.
Please explain an "unknown assumption"; what does that actually mean? Do we know it is an assumption or not?

To which documentation do you refer? There is not much in the way of documentation that goes back millions of years.

My real question is; "What the hell are you talking about?"
Please try to be a bit more clear.
You are correct, actually we have none but that doesn't stop you from believing it does it?
And again I would ask you the same!
Please Note!

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:25 am

Not that you really want to know but here is a good place to start.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Mitchell_Ramsay
Please Note!

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:15 am

GARY C wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:25 am
No it's not. One man's opinion is nearly worthless, and consensus agreement has even less value.

I had the opportunity to spend an afternoon in the basement archives of the British Library at the invitation of its curator, reviewing and examining ancient documents. Many dated to the pre-Christian era. The physical evidence we have regarding Christian scripture is voluminous but very fragmented and virtually unreadable, even if one understood ancient Greek.

Writings have been included in the bible from questionable sources and yet many others have been left out. Not to mention various translations and papal edicts, it is little more than an historical soup given some structural form.

Any surviving artifact is subject to interpretation and diverse opinion even by noted "experts". At lunch, I witnessed several biblical scholars heatedly debate some very minor point as if the future of the universe depended on it. It doesn't.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:01 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:15 am
GARY C wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:25 am
No it's not. One man's opinion is nearly worthless, and consensus agreement has even less value.

I had the opportunity to spend an afternoon in the basement archives of the British Library at the invitation of its curator, reviewing and examining ancient documents. Many dated to the pre-Christian era. The physical evidence we have regarding Christian scripture is voluminous but very fragmented and virtually unreadable, even if one understood ancient Greek.

Writings have been included in the bible from questionable sources and yet many others have been left out. Not to mention various translations and papal edicts, it is little more than an historical soup given some structural form.

Any surviving artifact is subject to interpretation and diverse opinion even by noted "experts". At lunch, I witnessed several biblical scholars heatedly debate some very minor point as if the future of the universe depended on it. It doesn't.
I don't recall saying he was the one and only definitive voice but I find his 30+ years of actual research far from opinion, at least he didn't just base it on a theory and call it science.
Please Note!

n2xlr8n
Expert
Expert

Post by n2xlr8n » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:52 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Scripture is not sacred.
If you are referring to Biblical scripture, I respectfully disagree- it is sacred to me.
David Redszus wrote: The proper study of human belief systems is a complicated matter.
Yes, it is. My Christian faith stems from my study of scripture, the miraculous incidents in my life that man had nothing to do with and my ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ. If that makes me a nut to the world, I'm okay with it. I'll not cast my pearls to swine.

As for the Church- well, I believe it was Paul in Ephesians 6:1x that spoke of "evil in heavenly places". Specifically, the Church.
He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.

paulzig
Pro
Pro

Post by paulzig » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:23 pm

GARY C wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:01 pm
at least he didn't just base it on a theory and call it science.
We have things based on scientific theory, the common usage term 'theory' that has wormed its way into the vernacular might be what you are referring to, and in science that does not happen.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:02 pm

GARY C wrote:
David Redszus wrote:

Wow so so true.

Its so funny that the system has us thinking that you know nothing if you are not "propagandized" in some college, and as we see on TV there is lots of propagandizing coming from those beautiful places of SO CALLED "higher" education. I loved the one comment made to me about what publications have I studied etc. So who the heck writes all that????? God almighty himself???? There is absolutely no man that is an ultimate authority on ANY topic in this world. There is a lot of so called science and science laws and supposed facts that are broken all the time. For one the ultimate speed is light really? I can prove that wrong with a simple mechanical explanation.
And
https://www.sciencealert.com/these-4-co ... d-of-light