George W. Bush accurately explains the pitfalls of trumps America.

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

George W. Bush accurately explains the pitfalls of trumps America.

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/us/p ... trump.html
Former President George W. Bush never mentioned his name but delivered what sounded like a sustained rebuke to President Trump on Thursday, decrying nationalism, protectionism and the coarsening of public debate while calling for a robust response to Russian interference in American democracy.

In a speech in New York, Mr. Bush defended free trade, globalization and immigration even as Mr. Trump seeks to raise barriers to international commerce and newcomers from overseas. He condemned the “casual cruelty” he sees in public discourse and denounced white supremacy two months after Mr. Trump suggested that “both sides” were to blame at a neo-Nazi rally that turned violent in Virginia.

“We’ve seen nationalism distorted into nativism, forgotten the dynamism that immigration has always brought to America,” Mr. Bush said. “We see a fading confidence in the value of free markets and international trade, forgetting that conflict, instability and poverty follow in the wake of protectionism. We’ve seen the return of isolationist sentiments, forgetting that American security is directly threatened by the chaos and despair of distant places.”

The former president said these afflictions have created a crisis of confidence in the United States that has endangered its historic ideals. “In all these ways, we need to recall and recover our own identity,” he said. “Americans have great advantage. To renew our country we only need to remember our values.”

Mr. Bush addressed these issues at a bipartisan conference that his presidential center sponsored in New York to promote democracy and freedom. Since leaving office in January 2009, he has largely sought to avoid engaging in current-day political struggles, even as he promotes issues he has long cared about like the spread of democracy around the world.

His speech on Thursday seemed a clear rejoinder to Mr. Trump in various ways. Asked by a reporter as he left the hall whether his message would be heard in the White House, Mr. Bush smiled, nodded slightly and said, “I think it will.”

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: George W. Bush accurately explains the pitfalls of trumps America.

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:54 pm

I always new you were a RINO.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:59 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:54 pm
I always new you were a RINO.
Trumpism is not what a republican stands for.

There is a reason trump was a lifelong democRAT... [-X

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:53 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 pm
Former President George W. Bush never mentioned his name but delivered what sounded like a sustained rebuke to President Trump on Thursday, decrying nationalism, protectionism and the coarsening of public debate while calling for a robust response to Russian interference in American democracy.

In a speech in New York, Mr. Bush defended free trade, globalization and immigration even as Mr. Trump seeks to raise barriers to international commerce and newcomers from overseas. He condemned the “casual cruelty” he sees in public discourse and denounced white supremacy two months after Mr. Trump suggested that “both sides” were to blame at a neo-Nazi rally that turned violent in Virginia.

“We’ve seen nationalism distorted into nativism, forgotten the dynamism that immigration has always brought to America,” Mr. Bush said. “We see a fading confidence in the value of free markets and international trade, forgetting that conflict, instability and poverty follow in the wake of protectionism. We’ve seen the return of isolationist sentiments, forgetting that American security is directly threatened by the chaos and despair of distant places.”

The former president said these afflictions have created a crisis of confidence in the United States that has endangered its historic ideals. “In all these ways, we need to recall and recover our own identity,” he said. “Americans have great advantage. To renew our country we only need to remember our values.”

Mr. Bush addressed these issues at a bipartisan conference that his presidential center sponsored in New York to promote democracy and freedom. Since leaving office in January 2009, he has largely sought to avoid engaging in current-day political struggles, even as he promotes issues he has long cared about like the spread of democracy around the world.

His speech on Thursday seemed a clear rejoinder to Mr. Trump in various ways. Asked by a reporter as he left the hall whether his message would be heard in the White House, Mr. Bush smiled, nodded slightly and said, “I think it will.”
You will use anyone to push your agenda...Even Hillery's brother in law! :lol:

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:00 pm

GARY C wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:53 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Sorry this goes against your orange messiah. The trump train is being unloaded fast. Only the sheep are left.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:09 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:00 pm
GARY C wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:53 pm
Sorry this goes against your orange messiah. The trump train is being unloaded fast. Only the sheep are left.
Show me where I have supported Trump? Get over it dude, he has achieved everything that you never will...He beat your candidate and now he is "your" BOSS! face the facts!

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:14 pm

GARY C wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:09 pm
now he is "your" BOSS! face the facts!
He's only my boss if we lived in a communist country.

In America we elect leaders to work for US.

I guess I'm his boss! :lol:

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:22 pm

Ol', "scrub"/"whore-hey", talking out his ass.....

Is the, "peanut farmer", next to voice an opinion??

pdq67

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:27 pm

It's like racing it doesn't mater who writes the rules or what rules they write just give me the rule book so I know what I need to do to win.

I have never voted and never will, I have the owners manual for life, I know whats going to happen and I know what I need to do to live a happy peaceful life.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:28 pm

GARY C wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:27 pm
I know whats going to happen
If only that were true...

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:33 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:28 pm
GARY C wrote:
I know whats going to happen
If only that were true...
You will never know!

Firedome8
Expert
Expert

Post by Firedome8 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:07 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:14 pm
GARY C wrote:

Dammm !

Firedome8
Expert
Expert

Post by Firedome8 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:09 pm

GARY C wrote:
It's like racing it doesn't mater who writes the rules or what rules they write just give me the rule book so I know what I need to do to win.

I have never voted and never will, I have the owners manual for life, I know whats going to happen and I know what I need to do to live a happy peaceful life.
Dammm !

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:07 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:14 pm
GARY C wrote:

Dammm !
President Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do on the campaign trail. He is indeed doing what we elected him to do.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:44 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:20 pm

President Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do on the campaign trail. He is indeed doing what we elected him to do.
No he said build a wall and drain the swapt not build the swamp.

By not filling leadership positions he has handed the government to career officials.

By not divesting he prior to taking office he became the swapt.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer