Donald Trump's mother asked: 'What kind of son have I created?'

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Donald Trump's mother asked: 'What kind of son have I created?'

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:38 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump ... 37419.html
Donald Trump’s mother once reportedly asked his first wife “what sort of son have I created”.

Mary Trump, the Scottish-born mother of the US President who died in 2000, is reported to have been acutely embarrassed by the antics of her fourth child during the 1990s when his failing marriage and business were the subject of intense tabloid scrutiny.

Ms Trump despaired of her son’s antics during the late 1980s when the ups and downs of his divorce from his first wife, Ivana Trump, meant her family were thrown into the spotlight when she was in her eighties.

She became a minor source of attention during this time and was frequently photographed by the paparazzi. She was horrified at the role her son played in it, according to a 1990 article by Vanity Fair.

Mr Trump is known for his frequent references to his father and the role he played in his life but is more reluctant to talk about his mother.

Despite describing her as "fantastic" and “a homemaker" who "loved it" with a "great sense of pageantry", it is his father's picture which sits in the Oval Office – not hers.

Friends of the family have commented that Ms Trump always seem more distant from her family than her husband.

A childhood friend of Mr Trump recounted how Fred Trump "would be around and watch him play" but "his mom didn’t interact in that way".

A friend of Mr Trump’s older brother Fred Jr agreed that they "rarely" saw his mother but "did see a lot of the housekeeper".

Psychologists who are analysing the President behaviour have wondered whether his thin skin, need for praise and poor treatment of women – particularly those who stand up to him – stems from his relationship with his mother.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Re: Donald Trump's mother asked: 'What kind of son have I created?'

Post by GARY C » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:07 am

Donald Trump’s mother once reportedly asked his first wife “what sort of son have I created”.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:40 am

I guess sandy's bored and needs some attention.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:59 am

It's a good thing the lame stream media doesn't print what my parents said about me, because of course they would fail to post any counter facts if it didn't fit their narrative!

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:07 pm

Donald Trump could save a baby and the "media" would say "Trump Hates Adults!" and sandy would get up bright and early to start another troll thread on the subject :lol:

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:52 pm

GARY C wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:07 am
The red highlighted text was very interesting I thought.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:48 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:52 pm
GARY C wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:07 am
The red highlighted text was very interesting I thought.
Observing someone from a distance without knowing them could draw many conclusions, could be learned behavior from how his dad responded, could be that he wasn't corrected for how he behaved as a child?

The fact that his dad sent him to military school could be that his mom let him be a brat at home and her response in the article is covering the fact that she wasn't a good mom and is not willing to take responsibility for her children not growing up the way she thought they should.

He could have been many things but one thing for sure is that the many thousands of people who have benefited from who he became far out ways the few that didn't. Not to mention the many thousand that will benefit for decades to come from the children he has raised and the people he has trained that are now in business employing others and on and on.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:11 pm

Donald J Trump has two brothers. So which one is the mother referring to?

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:25 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:11 pm
I wondered the same, thats why I highlighted the opening.

The wording is code for, I'm going to mislead you but I don't want to get sued and I need an out in-case someone calls me on my lie!

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:29 pm

You mean the Sandy might mislead us? No way. Say it isn't so. Bwahahahaha

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:53 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:11 pm
Hopefully this clears it up for you.
Mary Trump, the Scottish-born mother of the US President who died in 2000, is reported to have been acutely embarrassed by the antics of her fourth child during the 1990s when his failing marriage and business were the subject of intense tabloid scrutiny.
Ms Trump despaired of her son’s antics during the late 1980s when the ups and downs of his divorce from his first wife, Ivana Trump,
reading must be so hard for you. :lol:

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:41 pm

She would be right proud of her son now. :D

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:43 pm