Woman Says Alabama Senate Nominee Roy Moore Sexually Assaulted Her When She Was 14

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Woman Says Alabama Senate Nominee Roy Moore Sexually Assaulted Her When She Was 14

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:02 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-says-a ... 17508.html
A woman says GOP Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore sexually assaulted her when she was 14.

Leigh Corfman, now 53, told The Washington Post in an article published Thursday that Moore, then a 32-year-old assistant district attorney, took off her shirt and removed his clothes in the 1979 incident. He touched her over her bra and led the child’s hands to touch him over his underwear, she said.

“I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” Corfman told the paper. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.”

Three other women said Moore also made sexual advances to them when they were teenagers around the same time, according to the newspaper. Wendy Miller said she was working as a Santa’s helper at a mall when she was 14 when Moore first approached her. By the time she was 16, Moore was allegedly asking her out on dates.

The age of consent was and continues to be 16 in Alabama.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: Woman Says Alabama Senate Nominee Roy Moore Sexually Assaulted Her When She Was 14

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Fake News. That was 38+ years ago and the woman has been married 3 times and is not in the best of financial shape. This whole thing smells of your typical dimoKKKRAT setup. More dirty tricks by the rats.

Edit: I wonder how much Fusion GPS paid this woman.

Ratu
Pro
Pro

Re: Woman Says Alabama Senate Nominee Roy Moore Sexually Assaulted Her When She Was 14

Post by Ratu » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:37 pm

Could be.

Something else to consider is that once a young person has been abused, the scars remain for life. This can lead to issues with intimate relationships, indeed in forming any normal relationships with other people at all. So, the wreckage of an individual's personal life could well be sheeted right back to an incident early in life. That does not disqualify their statements necessarily.

Another thing to remember is that government does attract predators and perverts by, amongst other things, the power it awards to them. It is no surprise that abuses and assaults are occurring. The shock and horror has to be that they mostly remain hidden and never spoken about.

Impossible to know in this particular case what the exact situation is and what the actual truth be. Who can you trust?

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:41 pm

Ratu wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:37 pm
Could be.

Something else to consider is that once a young person has been abused, the scars remain for life. This can lead to issues with intimate relationships, indeed in forming any normal relationships with other people at all. So, the wreckage of an individual's personal life could well be sheeted right back to an incident early in life. Impossible to know in this particular case what the situation is and what the truth be.

Another thing to remember is that government does attract predators and perverts by, amongst other things, the power it awards to them. It is no surprise that abuses and assaults are occurring. The shock and horror has to be that they mostly remain hidden and never spoken about.
Well said. This could just be the tip of the iceberg for Roy...

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:45 pm

Or it could be dimoKKKRAT dirty tricks. That is what I would tend to believe knowing how they work. Look no further than the tricks they pulled on Justice Thomas. The dimoKKKRATS have a long record of this type of thing during an election.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Check out this defense of Roy Moore from AL state Auditor Jim Ziegler:

"Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

Way to go Alabama! =D> #-o

Ratu
Pro
Pro

Post by Ratu » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:15 pm

Sandfordandson

You evaded this, "Impossible to know in this particular case what the exact situation is and what the actual truth be. Who can you trust?"

Your method of selective quotation is dishonest.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:18 pm

Ratu wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:15 pm
Your method of selective quotation is dishonest.
No it's not.

I typically quote the first paragraph which contains the most info generally.

I provide the link to each story for that very reason. :mrgreen:

Ratu
Pro
Pro

Post by Ratu » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Sandfordandson

You quoted more than one paragraph.

As previously indicated, your method is dishonest.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:28 pm

Ratu wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:26 pm
Sandfordandson

You quoted more than one paragraph.

As previously indicated, your method is dishonest.
Thats why i said typically...

Start quoting to much stuff people lose interest and wont read it.

You reading the link justifies it for me.

Ratu
Pro
Pro

Post by Ratu » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:48 pm

Sandfordandson

You are evading. For the record, you selectively quoted what I wrote, omitting the final sentence. By omitting it context is altered. That one sentence remains key. It is thus concluded your method was (and is) dishonest.

Now you are trying to misdirect and wriggle away from what you did. More dishonesty from you. Look, it is so obvious when you do these things. Hard for you to realise perhaps, but many readers pick it up right away. Best avoided. Seriously, you ought to stop doing it.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Ratu wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:48 pm
Sandfordandson

You are evading. For the record, you selectively quoted what I wrote, omitting the final sentence. By omitting it context is altered. That one sentence remains key. It is thus concluded your method was (and is) dishonest.

Now you are trying to misdirect and wriggle away from what you did. More dishonesty from you. Look, it is so obvious when you do these things. Hard for you to realise perhaps, but many readers pick it up right away. Best avoided. Seriously, you ought to stop doing it.
No misdirection. Just explaining to you exactly why i only quote part of the story and provide a link to the rest.

Curious as to why you haven't questions others motives when they do the same thing. [-X

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:57 pm

And now to get back on topic...

Ted Cruz, who endorsed Roy Moore:

“These are serious and troubling allegations. If they are true, Judge Moore should immediately withdraw. However, we need to know the truth, and Judge Moore has the right to respond to these accusations.”

Seems like the world is coming down on Roy right now.

Ratu
Pro
Pro

Post by Ratu » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:04 pm

Sandfordandson

You quoted me incorrectly and for your self-serving dishonest purpose. I have corrected your dishonesty for the record. There is the reason.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:49 pm

That's sandford 101.

But yeah, there's no limit to how low the demoncRATS will stoop.