Rump recession

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4269
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Rump recession

Post by j-c-c » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:55 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:50 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:57 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:56 pm


aw cumon,,admit it,,you would get a woody if it got worse.
My seminal moment will be when DT leaves office, thanks for asking. :mrgreen:
Who would you like to see him replaced with?
I'll start with ANYONE, and then decide from there.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5374
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Rump recession

Post by mk e » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:55 pm

I'll start with ANYONE, and then decide from there.
+1
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5374
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Rump recession

Post by mk e » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:40 pm

I can't figure out what what they are on about...its like they don't even care what happened in between the start of the year and now...weird.

Both the S&P 500 and the Dow have erased year-to-date gains as of market close Tuesday. Each is now down about 1% this year.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/stoc ... 46309.html
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

User avatar
John Wallace
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1395
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:20 am
Location: was Central Illinois - Now in Sunny Florida!
Contact:

Re: Rump recession

Post by John Wallace » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:12 am

its like they don't even care what happened in between the start of the year and now...weird.
They're trying to figure out how it's Obama's fault that the market sank about 10% from the year's high?
2% down from Jan to now sounds not as bad?

:?:
John Wallace
Pontiac Power RULES !
www.wallaceracing.com

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5374
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Rump recession

Post by mk e » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:22 am

John Wallace wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:12 am
its like they don't even care what happened in between the start of the year and now...weird.
They're trying to figure out how it's Obama's fault that the market sank about 10% from the year's high?
2% down from Jan to now sounds not as bad?

:?:
Well of course its Oblahblah's fault....he endorsed a bunch of the Dems who beat Repubs and the markets tanked knowing the handouts are over.

Strange stock year. It keeps trying to rally but then drops back and several big investment houses are now saying 2019 looks like a no growth year too.

I think this comes back to fundamentals.....if you set aside the increased government spending and stimulus then real GDP growth is around 2% or maybe less while expenses continue to rise. That puts a ton of downward pressure on the stock market.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2729
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Rump recession

Post by gmrocket » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:51 am

I wonder why Obama isn't chatting now about him being the architect of this wonderful ride, like he was during the midterms?

Ya, know .....those midterms that where 15 DAYS AGO.

I'm sure he'll come out of the woodwork when things turn around.

Obama,, the peak potus
Trump,, the valley potus

At the same time

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2729
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Rump recession

Post by gmrocket » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Dow +3.99% as of today for 1 yr

Thank you Obama.

lefty o
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1594
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:50 am

Re: Rump recession

Post by lefty o » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:22 pm

still not seeing losses in any of my accounts. of course, i dont invest in the entire dow. apparently unlike some.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 9383
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Rump recession

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:51 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:55 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:50 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:57 pm


My seminal moment will be when DT leaves office, thanks for asking. :mrgreen:
Who would you like to see him replaced with?
I'll start with ANYONE, and then decide from there.
Just as I thought. One big deflection. [-X

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5374
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Rump recession

Post by mk e » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:17 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:51 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:55 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:50 pm


Who would you like to see him replaced with?
I'll start with ANYONE, and then decide from there.
Just as I thought. One big deflection. [-X
I'm pretty sure he's serious and I know I was when I 2nd the post...but your right there people who are dumber and more openly racist than rump who would be worse, David Duke come to mind. So who about we refine to anyone else who ran in the general or primary for either party in 2016 or 2012 or 2008 or 2004 or 2000, etc would be better.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2729
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Rump recession

Post by gmrocket » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:57 am

mk e wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:17 am
1989TransAm wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:51 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:55 pm


I'll start with ANYONE, and then decide from there.
Just as I thought. One big deflection. [-X
I'm pretty sure he's serious and I know I was when I 2nd the post...but your right there people who are dumber and more openly racist than rump who would be worse, David Duke come to mind. So who about we refine to anyone else who ran in the general or primary for either party in 2016 or 2012 or 2008 or 2004 or 2000, etc would be better.
At this point the dems are like a rabid animal, running around in circles not knowing what they stand for.

Trump has them whipped up into a frenzy of confusion..

They might as well put all their names in a hood and pick a leader that way,, it's only two years till another massive underestimation of Trump!

Bring on the crazies!

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5374
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Rump recession

Post by mk e » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:50 pm

The market was not fooled.....
The miracle was more like a mirage. One key element of the Republican tax legislation was a sharp cut in the corporate tax rate, from 35% to 21%, which went into effect at the start of the year. As expected, the tax cuts roughly doubled the growth rate in corporate profits.
........
The market, apparently, hasn’t been fooled by the bubbly math accompanying the corporate tax cuts.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trum ... 13240.html
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2729
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Rump recession

Post by gmrocket » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:11 pm

mk e wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:50 pm
The market was not fooled.....
The miracle was more like a mirage. One key element of the Republican tax legislation was a sharp cut in the corporate tax rate, from 35% to 21%, which went into effect at the start of the year. As expected, the tax cuts roughly doubled the growth rate in corporate profits.
........
The market, apparently, hasn’t been fooled by the bubbly math accompanying the corporate tax cuts.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trum ... 13240.html
We need more taxes, taxes on you, your businesses, on children, on animals, on breathing...more TAXES for everyone!!

Something like what Bernie wants,, %90+

But if trump descides to raises taxes,, then we want lower TAXES, lower taxes for everyone,,its horrible to raise taxes

You get how it goes...

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5374
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Rump recession

Post by mk e » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:00 pm

Its looking like another down day for the markets shaping up.....every day makes it harder to pull out a winning year as the clock ticks down
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4269
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Rump recession

Post by j-c-c » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:07 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:11 pm
mk e wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:50 pm
The market was not fooled.....
The miracle was more like a mirage. One key element of the Republican tax legislation was a sharp cut in the corporate tax rate, from 35% to 21%, which went into effect at the start of the year. As expected, the tax cuts roughly doubled the growth rate in corporate profits.
........
The market, apparently, hasn’t been fooled by the bubbly math accompanying the corporate tax cuts.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trum ... 13240.html
We need more taxes, taxes on you, your businesses, on children, on animals, on breathing...more TAXES for everyone!!

Something like what Bernie wants,, %90+

But if trump descides to raises taxes,, then we want lower TAXES, lower taxes for everyone,,its horrible to raise taxes

You get how it goes...
So based on your thinking, zero taxes, meaning zero gov is your goal, and 100% taxes with 100% control is what you think is what your opponents want, correct?

Is there any room in the middle?

Does tax vs societal benefit ever get considered?

Is everything your way or the highway?

Post Reply