Rump recession

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Re: Rump recession

Post by gmrocket » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:15 pm

mk e wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:22 am
gmrocket wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:42 am

I think you should get out now, guarantee yourself a loss.. then when it's up again, get in at the top.

That'll give you some more bytching and complaining material
Already moved to short term bonds....I'll move back to stocks in a year or so once I understand where the correction is headed.
Good lord, I was joking. You need some help with your investment decisions.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:20 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:15 pm

Already moved to short term bonds....I'll move back to stocks in a year or so once I understand where the correction is headed.
Good lord, I was joking. You need some help with your investment decisions.
[/quote]

Perhaps but I'm up over sitting tight on stocks......and I expect the benefit to grow for a few months at least
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:33 pm

I think the market is scared sh!tless that Nance Pelosi will become Speaker again. :D

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:12 am

1989TransAm wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:33 pm
I think the market is scared sh!tless that Nance Pelosi will become Speaker again. :D
Could be....
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stock ... 2018-10-12
Jones contends a U.S. economic slowdown “is no more than a few quarters away” and that Treasury yields and the S&P 500 will both likely end 2019 well below where they are now. Capital Economics is looking for the S&P 500 to drop around 15% from its late September record. And given the global rout that followed Wednesday’s U.S. selloff, that probably means weakness for other equity markets, too, he said. As for Treasurys, slower growth would likely cause the Fed to bring its tightening cycle to an end, with the 10-year yield sinking to around 2.5%.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:59 pm

More bad news.... it looks like the sugar rush stimulus form the tax cuts has ended.....and they are now saying bonds will likely be the better investment. Go figure

With profit growth poised to slow sharply in 2019 for a number of reasons – chief among them less of a jolt from the Trump tax cuts – the market swoon happening today likely reflects the bottom line reality ahead.

Historically, stocks have not had an easy go of it when earnings growth comes off its peak. Based on the past six U.S. expansions dating back to the early 1970s, J.P Morgan notes that stocks have only outperformed bonds for another two months on average after earnings growth peaks. Stock outperformance vs. bonds has never continued for more than a year after profit growth has reached a climax, the investment bank says.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo. ... 34136.html
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:15 pm

mk e wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:59 pm
More bad news.... it looks like the sugar rush stimulus form the tax cuts has ended.....and they are now saying bonds will likely be the better investment. Go figure

With profit growth poised to slow sharply in 2019 for a number of reasons – chief among them less of a jolt from the Trump tax cuts – the market swoon happening today likely reflects the bottom line reality ahead.

Historically, stocks have not had an easy go of it when earnings growth comes off its peak. Based on the past six U.S. expansions dating back to the early 1970s, J.P Morgan notes that stocks have only outperformed bonds for another two months on average after earnings growth peaks. Stock outperformance vs. bonds has never continued for more than a year after profit growth has reached a climax, the investment bank says.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo. ... 34136.html

Trump supporters are wanting a big blue win in Nov so they have somebody to blame for the downturn...

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:49 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Trump supporters are wanting a big blue win in Nov so they have somebody to blame for the downturn...
Fox is already pointing at a pending blue wave as the cause of the market slipping.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:08 pm

mk e wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:49 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Fox is already pointing at a pending blue wave as the cause of the market slipping.
Not shocking at all. Hypocrites...

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:16 pm

Any recession will be demonrat deep state caused. aka soro and buddies.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:42 am

Of course it will. :roll:
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:44 am

Didn't read through all the bullshit here but have a comment for the O. P. anyway.

IT'S A CORRECTION DUMBASS!!!

https://money.cnn.com/2018/02/06/news/c ... index.html
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:55 am

Yes it is......

Home sales volume down to 2015 levels on interest and price concerns

Caterpillar stock down despite expected record earnings on concerns higher than global US steel prices will force price hikes as many industries appear to be at or past expansion peaks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomb ... rd-quarter

It's coming.........
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:58 am

That's been explained to him over and over but he always blasts off into outer space and talks in circles and ends up with Trump Jr. being in a jumpsuit or God knows what.

And let's also not forget Soros' ability and willingness to short markets for personal and political gain. For people like chromedome, research what Soros did to Great Britain.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:04 am

The massive GOP stimulus package probably delayed this by 2 years....but now the money is spent and their is no way to maintain earning growth.

The clock is ticking.....strategically it would have been much better for the GOP if Hillary has won. That would have set them up for a 8-16 run but with Rump it's looking like a 2 year run as the house will very like switch hands and that will stop any legislation until 2020 when the WH and Senate also flip. I did try to warn you to be careful what you wish for. . .
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:24 am

mk e wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:55 am
Yes it is......

Home sales volume down to 2015 levels on interest and price concerns

Caterpillar stock down despite expected record earnings on concerns higher than global US steel prices will force price hikes as many industries appear to be at or past expansion peaks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomb ... rd-quarter

It's coming.........
It's been "coming" now for 2 years, this so called massive crash.

If I had listened to you and the other idiots in November 2016 , I would have lost a shyt load of capital.

Being wrong every day and losing money doesn't seem to fizz you clowns one bit.

Here's some other things that are "coming"

Winter
Spring
Tomorrow
Rain
Sunshine
Getting older

And about a million other things