FORMER CLASSMATES: Senator Chris Coons Threw Parties At Which Cocaine Was Present

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Re: FORMER CLASSMATES: Senator Chris Coons Threw Parties At Which Cocaine Was Present

Post by gmrocket » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:16 am

mk e wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:59 am
j-c-c wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:42 am
1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:40 am

So you approve of the use of cocaine? How about heroin and opioids?
Its your body, you left out smoking, obesity, alcohol, wearing seat belts, tattoos, wearing helmets, listening to very loud music, growing hair on your palms, etc, correct? :shock:
Yup, don't much care about any of it.......as long as you're only doing it to yourself and you aren't lying to me about it.
Ya, liars are the worst

You can keep your doctor...you didn't build that

86_regal
Pro
Pro

Re: FORMER CLASSMATES: Senator Chris Coons Threw Parties At Which Cocaine Was Present

Post by 86_regal » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:41 am

RevTheory wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:44 pm
86_regal wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:14 pm
#believeclassmates...?
Believe the people she said were there but either said they don't remember or flat denied it. Believe the 100+ people that have known him for years that say behavior like that is absolutely out of his character. Believe her boyfriend that said she's a liar.

Doesn't really matter though. He's now Justice Kavanaugh and the libs have shown the whole country their asses.
Easy...

I'm just parodying the lengths to which politicians and partisans will go to achieve party ends as well as the fact that so many Americans are so easily culled by such nonsense...

While I'm on my soapbox...
It also speaks to the current state of the American people's perception of the role and responsibility of our government.
If those in Congress, the Executive and Judiciary were restrained to within Constitutional limits, far less people'd give shit...

But unfortunatley we've authorized those in office to expand the meanings of "provide a common defense", "promote the general welfare" and "regulate commerce" clauses as justifications to provide food, phones, housing, a retirement plan, medical care to SOME at the expense of the rest in lieu of Unconstitutional & completely arbitrary legislative tax mechanisms which also funds a "common defense" budget which has provided funding for military bases in more than 100 countries across the globe with a history of either overtly or clandestinely overthrowing foreign governments, propping up dictators, creating civil unrest in those regions resulting in the deaths of 100s of thousands of people..

Why stop there!?
To hell with it, Why not just provide EVERYONE with food, shelter, health care, a "livable" wage, a car, fancy new phone and take over ALL countries across the globe who don't "subscribe" to our political and cultural standards, huh??!

If this political milieu is to remain, WE ARE DOOMED.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:12 pm

mk e wrote:
j-c-c wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:40 am

So you approve of the use of cocaine? How about heroin and opioids?
Its your body, you left out smoking, obesity, alcohol, wearing seat belts, tattoos, wearing helmets, listening to very loud music, growing hair on your palms, etc, correct? :shock:
Yup, don't much care about any of it.......as long as you're only doing it to yourself and you aren't lying to me about it.
The problem is that it does affect us. The mental wards of the hospitals are filled with druggies. My daughter works in one of them and has many stories to tell but keeps the names out of it. Also the toll on the police and society in general.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:31 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:12 pm
mk e wrote:
j-c-c wrote:

The problem is that it does affect us. The mental wards of the hospitals are filled with druggies. My daughter works in one of them and has many stories to tell but keeps the names out of it. Also the toll on the police and society in general.
So we listed 10? things in that take "toll on the police and society in general"

Where do you draw the line, and are others allowed to disagree with you, or is your way or the highway?

I do agree, there are a lot of jobs dependent on making narcan, first responders, law enforcement, police equipment vests, radios, swat teams, drug interdiction, building prisons, manning prisons, transporting to court, bail bonds, lawyers, court staff, judges, probation staff, think of the economic loss if the above was done away with? #-o

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:28 pm

1989TransAm wrote:

I'm not a fan of the nanny state.....I don't care if you wear your seatbelts, I don't care if you smoke crack......
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

86_regal
Pro
Pro

Post by 86_regal » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:51 am

mk e wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:28 pm
1989TransAm wrote:

I'm not a fan of the nanny state.....I don't care if you wear your seatbelts, I don't care if you smoke crack......
I totally agree.

I think the elephant in the room that’s yet to be mentioned is that activities like smoking crack are a “feature” or symptom of a much deeper underlying social problem. To suggest a nanny state can even scratch the surface to address such problems is as naive as it is dangerous...