Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2420
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by gmrocket » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:58 am

Dave Koehler wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:45 am
It's not wholly about jobs and money. Consider the region, it's neighbors, history and the possible reasons the sales were permitted in the first place.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend comes to mind.
While some countries are wavering on sales to the kingdom the US is not the only supplier but probably the largest supplier.
So..if one elects to call our President names it should follow that the leaders of other countries involved in arms sales also be equally denigrated.
exactly how normal people think. the left doesnt know if they are coming or going

all the outrage over this and they want to kill the arms sales, yet are quite fine with blocking pipelines here, killing fracking and trying to shut down the fossil fuel industry while buying saudi oil.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 9235
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:20 am

Interesting about the negative things j-c-c had to say when Andrew Brunson was released form the Turkish prison.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3961
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:19 am

RevTheory wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:33 am
Now if I'm not mistaken, ohbummer found himself in a similar situation in Benghazi where the ramifications could suck no matter which way he went. He chose to stand down and let four American die rather than risk an entanglement which could anger muzzies and blow up his reelection bid. Remember, "osama bin laden is dead and GM is alive!" Then he spent months lying about it to the entire world.

Oh, the consulate was still on fire when he hopped a plane to a Las Vegas fundraiser.

Hey, I thought you lefties were completely against the US getting involved in affairs in the Middle East. You're going to pull your hair out no matter what decision makes so who really cares what you say? If it's wrong no matter what, do your opinions really have value?
You are full of shit.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4981
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by RevTheory » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:41 am

I urge you to attempt to prove me wrong, chromedome. As a reminder, your record thus far is abysmal.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3961
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:57 am

RevTheory wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:41 am
I urge you to attempt to prove me wrong, chromedome. As a reminder, your record thus far is abysmal.
From you that is a good thing considering your warped sense of reality.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4981
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by RevTheory » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:04 pm

As I thought...

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5981
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:29 pm

Our president is scared shitless of the Saudis. Nobody is surprised...

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2420
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by gmrocket » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:19 am
RevTheory wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:33 am
Now if I'm not mistaken, ohbummer found himself in a similar situation in Benghazi where the ramifications could suck no matter which way he went. He chose to stand down and let four American die rather than risk an entanglement which could anger muzzies and blow up his reelection bid. Remember, "osama bin laden is dead and GM is alive!" Then he spent months lying about it to the entire world.

Oh, the consulate was still on fire when he hopped a plane to a Las Vegas fundraiser.

Hey, I thought you lefties were completely against the US getting involved in affairs in the Middle East. You're going to pull your hair out no matter what decision makes so who really cares what you say? If it's wrong no matter what, do your opinions really have value?
You are full of truth.
fixed it for ya

gmrocket
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2420
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Grimsby Ontario

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by gmrocket » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:18 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:29 pm
Our president is scared shitless of the Saudis. Nobody is surprised...
you mean like when he first went there as president and and bowed down, kissed the feet of the king, like a good pasivist?

oh, i think that was someone else?

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3985
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by j-c-c » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:27 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:18 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:29 pm
Our president is scared shitless of the Saudis. Nobody is surprised...
you mean like when he first went there as president and and bowed down, kissed the feet of the king, like a good pasivist?

oh, i think that was someone else?
Deflection

User avatar
Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3850
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:19 pm
Location: Urbana, IL USA
Contact:

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by Dave Koehler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:52 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:29 pm
Our president is scared shitless of the Saudis. Nobody is surprised...
Well I am surprised regardless of who is in the big chair.
I would like to hear why you think that?
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."

86_regal
Pro
Pro
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by 86_regal » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:53 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:40 pm
(Bloomberg)—President Donald Trump said the U.S. would be “foolish” to cancel arms deals with Saudi Arabia in response to the controversy surrounding the fate of Washington Post writer Jamal Khashoggi."

Principles are for fools, hail the almighty US Dollar.

POSPOTUS

http://time.com/5424150/trump-saudi-arabia-arms-deal/
Then I guess Bernie, with his 3 houses and $3.1 million net worth and Hillary, currently worth more than $250 MILLION are no fools either...

Are either of them NEAR as rich as Trump, no.

Make no mistake, they're ALL in the 1%.

86_regal
Pro
Pro
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by 86_regal » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Dave Koehler wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:45 am
It's not wholly about jobs and money. Consider the region, it's neighbors, history and the possible reasons the sales were permitted in the first place.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend comes to mind.
While some countries are wavering on sales to the kingdom the US is not the only supplier but probably the largest supplier.
So..if one elects to call our President names it should follow that the leaders of other countries involved in arms sales also be equally denigrated.
Rationalizations...

Why do we HAVE TO "retain friendships" with our enemy's enemies? By supplying them with armaments!?

The right is ALWAYS bloviating about how we're the biggest fish in the pond (which frankly, Id be flat out embarrassed to say in light of the 9/11 attack). If they really believed that, then why the need to chum up with others?

I'll say it since no one else has... Shame on China, Britain, France, Germany, Russia and the remaining countries I failed to list for involvement in arms sales to other governments, Shame on you!

So what??? What did that resolve exactly??? What does the conduct of others that we don't condone have to do with the actions of OUR administration that WE DON'T condone!?

User avatar
Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3850
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:19 pm
Location: Urbana, IL USA
Contact:

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by Dave Koehler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Regal,
I don't think I am rationalizing anything or making excuses for any administration.
It is just the way things get done indirectly sometimes.
The bonus here is we got paid.

It's a old technique.
Example 1
Would you condemn the French for bailing us out during the Revolutionary war?
They only did so because they hated the Brits worse.

Example 2:
We sent money and arms to Russia in WW2 knowing full well it was likely to bite us in the butt.
The Nazis had to be taken care of first.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4981
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Why DT makes me Proud to be an American?

Post by RevTheory » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:59 pm

I agree, Dave. That is the way of the world, whether we like it or not.

Post Reply