What is the biblical view of refugees ,foreigners in your land?

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Re: What is the biblical view of refugees ,foreigners in your land?

Post by gmrocket » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:30 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:08 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:50 pm
Firedome8 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 pm

So be it, let your silence speak.
It seem like your on a gotcha mission

Here, the Catholic Church and those religions affiliated with it sponsor refugees and immigrants.

The latest stats show that the newcomers who are sponsored by the churches , are intigratimg into society faster, with more skills, learn English quicker, get in the work force faster...etc etc

AND AT NO COST TO THE TAXPAYER

The ones who are looked after by our left wing government languish in hotels or hostels, over 90% still on welfare after a few years, struggle with English and many end up feeling let down and want to go back.. some turn to crime

I am the least religious person you can probably find.. but the churches, as a group are doing way better at helping refugees and immigrants
I Agree but all the Christian talk from the conservatives and how our country was founded on Christian beliefs i wonder what people think the bibles message is on foreigners in our land. Not a gotcha or trick question . I believe it is relevant to current events.
I look at actions of people and organizations.. not some obscure paragraph from a thousand years ago that's suppose to make sense today... it doesn't & shouldn't . it evolved

Other religions I can't say they have

The catholic religion isn't perfect by any means..but I would rather live in today's society with Catholics.. if I had to pick a religion

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:10 am

gmrocket wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:30 pm
Firedome8 wrote:
gmrocket wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:50 pm

It seem like your on a gotcha mission

Here, the Catholic Church and those religions affiliated with it sponsor refugees and immigrants.

The latest stats show that the newcomers who are sponsored by the churches , are intigratimg into society faster, with more skills, learn English quicker, get in the work force faster...etc etc

AND AT NO COST TO THE TAXPAYER

The ones who are looked after by our left wing government languish in hotels or hostels, over 90% still on welfare after a few years, struggle with English and many end up feeling let down and want to go back.. some turn to crime

I am the least religious person you can probably find.. but the churches, as a group are doing way better at helping refugees and immigrants
I Agree but all the Christian talk from the conservatives and how our country was founded on Christian beliefs i wonder what people think the bibles message is on foreigners in our land. Not a gotcha or trick question . I believe it is relevant to current events.
I look at actions of people and organizations.. not some obscure paragraph from a thousand years ago that's suppose to make sense today... it doesn't & shouldn't . it evolved

The catholic religion isn't perfect by any means..but I would rather live in today's society with Catholics.. if I had to pick a religion
You have a point .

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:24 am

The title to this thread should be. WHAT IS THE LOGICAL VEIW OF REFUGEES, FOREINGNERS IN YOUR LAND

In the old day refugees became slaves. They had no legal recourse. And I guess you missed it Spanish speaking Sarah carter said there were a few women and children and old folks at the front of the line, all the rest yeah young men ( looking for wild times. my addition)

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:34 am

Firedome8 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:10 am
gmrocket wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:30 pm
Firedome8 wrote:

You have a point .

The other thing I forgot to mention about religious organizations taking in all types of immigrants.. Catholic , Presbyterian, Lutheran, and other forms are, and have sponsored Muslim refugees from Syria.

We are not hearing about mosques sponsoring catholic refugees,, and there are many. They only accept Muslims

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:39 am

Your right it shouldn't, Tell that to the conservatives.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:10 pm

So the question goes unanswered and why? You would think all the conservatives would fill me in on such a current and import issue. But no.

SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:19 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:10 pm
So the question goes unanswered and why? You would think all the conservatives would fill me in on such a current and import issue. But no.
You are right, no one can compete with your superior thoughts and reasoning. :roll:

Brings to mind something my grandpa said, " Don't wrestle with a pig, you will only end up bruised and muddy and the pig will enjoy it".
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:22 pm

SupStk wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:19 pm
Firedome8 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:10 pm
You are right, no one can compete with your superior thoughts and reasoning. :roll:

Brings to mind something my grandpa said, " Don't wrestle with a pig, you will only end up bruised and muddy and the pig will enjoy it".
Total defection. Meaning you don't know what the book has to say on the subject or you can not defend what it says ?
Typical response from ignorance but not unexpected. It is not a trick question maybe the book is not relevant in today's world ?
Last edited by Firedome8 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Something to think about. In the old bible days land was free, if foreigners came into your area then they would go out and find some land and use it to support themselves, there was no communists, that forced others to pay someone else 's way in life. There is a huge difference from then and now.
We have a huge land shortage in the US because the communists have made it so no common people can use it and live on it. Fix that and make it almost free then we can, do what you are driving at sandy.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:20 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:56 pm
Here's a relevant and timely article:

"People who hate the Bible and consider it to be a collection of primitive fairy tales will nonetheless use it to try and win the argument on immigration. Interestingly, these same people generally feel the same way about the Constitution but they will use it, too, when the discussion turns to immigration. Something about immigration seems to turn a Leftist into a very selective sort of Christian constitutionalist.

It feels rather pointless to engage in this debate with people who haven't read the book and don't care what it says, but the idea that Scripture is some kind of radical open borders screed is so prevalent that it must be addressed. And it won't take long to address because, in fact, the Bible has very little to say about immigration one way or another."

It ends with this paragraph:

"There can be plenty of discussion about the best ways to handle immigration. But we shouldn't take seriously anyone who claims that Christians have some kind of moral duty to support unfettered illegal immigration. Anyone making that claim is simply lying."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/37923/wa ... Tzd14_WupA

Edit: It's been years since I read Numbers so thanks for sharing. Nice example of respecting people's borders.
Especially when they present a superior show of force to help your decision.

You say the bible has little to say about foreigners. "the Bible has very little to say about immigration one way or another."

Did you even read the book? You can not try understand it with out reading it first ? Jus sayn .

So can you just stick to the original question or possibility someone else can help me understand what i have read in the book.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:40 am

Make more land available, before more people are allowed to come in. Its that simple.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:46 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:00 pm
This is the kind of thing that shows you what politicians really care about. They are about one thing, and that thing is getting elected. Everything they say is lip service to that end. Politicians these days are not public servants. They are getting elected for the benefit of themselves and their friends/business partners.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:45 am

GRTfast wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:46 am
This is the kind of thing that shows you what politicians really care about. They are about one thing, and that thing is getting elected. Everything they say is lip service to that end. Politicians these days are not public servants. They are getting elected for the benefit of themselves and their friends/business partners.
Yep...trump is nothing but a swamp monster.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:58 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:45 am
GRTfast wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:46 am
Yep...trump is nothing but a swamp monster.
Yeah, Oliver nails it in this rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HS2TstPfW4